SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: phpmyadmin

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to get PHPMyAdmin running on my Windows ME localhost running the Apache webserver. I know these are not the appropriate tools for webservery, but im only using this setup to test php scripts before uploading.

Anyway, I've followed the PHPMyAdmin install instructions, but had no luck. I get a 500 Internal Server Error and in my Apache error log it reports:

malformed header from script. Bad header=HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized: c:/php/php.exe

This is quite frustrating. I have got php scripts which access MySQL running on my localhost, but PHP is determined to be nasty.

I wasn't sure if this is an Apache query or a PHP one, but i've mentioned php 5 times and apache twice, so i posted here

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give up

Don't give up. While I don't know the solution, I seem to be running with your exact configuration: WindowsMe, Apache, MySQL, phpMyAdmin. If you have not solved the problem and want to compare settings just let me know.

I have had quite a time getting the settings in the config.inc.php set correctly and it is a little different for my local windows installation and my remote Linux server.

Good luck - glad to have more company using Windows and PHP4.

Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the morale boost...

I'm going to be lazy and just DL the lot off http://www.firepages.com.au/phpdev3.htm and resinstall. At least that way I can be assured I've got all the right gear.

Plus, this doesn't seem to be a particularly popular problem for solving...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you getting any errors when using Apache and PHP without phpMyAdmin? Make sure you have the basics up and running first, then work on phpMyAdmin.

Let us know how you get on.
    http://www.avgallery.com.au/ - Your ticket to high-end audio!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah...

For some reason, WinME and apache do not like PHP using the header HTTP/1.0 401. I have the same setup as you and one of my scripts uses that method of authenticating users. I've looked around in the Apache config files and cannot find any way to fix this. If you can figure out what's wrong please tell me .
    s c r i p t s f o r y o u . n e t
    ScriptsForYou