SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to know if the issuing banks HAVE to abide by the rules of VbV, or if like the last poster suggests, and I am more likely to believe, they can choose to just not accept transactions that fall under the protection of VbV.

If I were a bank, that's what I would do if I were allowed. Why would I want to take on the liability?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I been using CDG Commerce to process credit card payments where you Cardinal Commerce guys set the VbV/SC up for them, and in result for authenticated transactions I still received chargebacks for fraud- card absent reason code, the cards were issued in the US. AVS/CVV was total match.
    And CDG people told that there is no such thing as chargeback protection for fraud reason code. What happened with 'chargeback blocking' ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everybody,

I am a future e-merchant who is interested in implementing 3D-Secure payer authentification. My business will be UK-based, and I am using UK Paypal Payments Pro API to process both credit cards and paypal payments. Paypal UK does not provide in-build 3D-secure check so I would like to have a developer implement it for my website. However, I have several questions regarding this service and I would be very grateful if somebody can provide me with some answers:

1-Knowing that the Paypal API is different in the US and UK, would the British Paypal API be compatible with a 3D-secure software?

2-if not, can I have a 3D-secure software or API run independently to perform the authentification before submitting the data to the Paypal payment processor?

3- Does anybody know a 3D-software or API provider that can provide this service?

4-Except the implementation costs, how much would it cost to me, as a merchant? (any setup fees? monthly fees? transactions fees?)

Thank very much for your help in advance.

Sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in here Turkey, online shops adopted new 3ds since july 2007, almost all banks offer VbV and mSC.
    WOSCI eCommerce System | Follow on Twitter

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that care must be taken to explain to the user when they'll be taken to VbV. It isn't common yet, so a clear explanation would help, I'm sure.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it can be problematic with 3d secure i have a 3d secure
    gateway and are fewer transaction approved then thru a normal gateaway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not possible to stop fraud only by vbv and mc secure code. but it can reduce chargeback and i recommend it for all credit card processor and all those who accept credit card as a payment method

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there

3-D Secure™ payer authentication, Verified by Visa™ and MasterCard® SecureCode™, is now available to e-commerce merchants. Payer authentication was designed to provide merchants added security when accepting Visa and MasterCard payments online.

The Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode are the most powerful fraud prevention tools available to online merchants. These programs were introduced to protect e-commerce merchants from the harmful effects of fraud and chargebacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nokia123 View Post
    I been using CDG Commerce to process credit card payments where you Cardinal Commerce guys set the VbV/SC up for them, and in result for authenticated transactions I still received chargebacks for fraud- card absent reason code, the cards were issued in the US. AVS/CVV was total match.
    And CDG people told that there is no such thing as chargeback protection for fraud reason code. What happened with 'chargeback blocking' ?
    We see the same thing with Paypal and Cardinal Commerce. 3D Secure hasn't shifted liability despite what the documentation states. Cardinal Commerce says these transactions should be protected, but Paypal doesn't care and says its out of their hands. Its up to the issuing bank whether they want to honour 3D secure authentication or not.