User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1-800 #'s

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple others are ringcentral, freedomvoice and patlive. I use ringcentral.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DictoMail

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn2
    I was thinking of getting a 1-800 or other toll free number. Where's the best place to purchase one? I've found many web sites out there selling them but I don't really trust a lot of them. It doesn't sound like I'd actually own the number, I'd just be "using" it. Also does anyone know how portable these #'s are? Can I have it used for other countries other than the USA?
    I don't know about usage in other countries but I know that the DictoMail service offers the use of 800#'s to its subscribers, and its free! They also have a service which transfers all of your incoming voicemail messages to text and sends them to the receiver of your choice.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an asterisk (voip) and currently only pay for usage. The random generated 800 number is free and it cost $.02/per minute.
    If you want a "vanity" number I think it cost you a one time fee of $25.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.tollfreelive.com/virtualoffice.asp

BEST there is

As low as $9.99 a month

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Freedom Voice

I highly recommend Freedom Voice.

http://www.freedomvoice.com

As low as $9.95 a month, and the customer support is fantastic. They will help you get setup exactly the way you want, and help you get professional voice recordings.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tollfreelive

Hi Everyone,
    Just thought that I would share my experience with toll free numbers. I'm currently using tollfreelive.com and they were really good. Then one day I check my bill and notice that they were double billing me for my calls. For example, when someone calls my toll free number at tollfreelive, they get transfer to my local number. I was getting bill 3.9cents a minute at the toll free number, and 3.9cents a minute for the transfer to my local number. So the actually charge is 7.8cents a minute, not the 3.9cents they advertise. The industry calls this a "double leg bill" because one leg is standing at your toll free number, and the other leg is at your local number. Be sure to check with the company you chose to make sure that they are not double billing you or that they don't charge you for forwarded calls. It call really add up, because if you are talking to someone for ten minutes, you are actually getting double the charges. So do your research before selecting a toll free company. We just found this out, so we are in search of another company. Does anyone have any ideas? Please if you are a reseller of a certain toll free service or owns one, don't pretend to response as if you're a regular person, because we can tell by the way you write and boost about the company. It sounds like a informcial. Anyways, just wanted to warn people out there. Take care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums Anthony!

Freedom Voice does this as well and I make sure that people do understand. It is understandable why they do this because it is taking up two trunks. I think though Kall8 does not do this so you might want to check them out.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also use Freedom Voice and we are happy with their services and products. Paying for quality is something that I have never had a problem with. I would much rather spend extra money knowing that I am going to be provided with service or my business is protected than taking a chance and saving a few pennies here and there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Telcan. No monthly fee, and like 1.8 cents a minute. Not bad! i like it, and i do'nt use it very often, but it looks professional and makes customer happy. I got a custom name as well. My phone # is 877-Get-GLPI

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've worked on setting up what I call the officeless office for a while now, so in that time I poked around through a lot of Virtual PBX and VoIP stuff. For my particular needs, which extended just a little beyond a simple 800 number, I really found uReach to be my favorite. So far I have no complaints. I looked really hard at Ringcentral too, but it just didn't quite fit for me. Anywway, I just wanted to toss uReach out there as a recommendation - http://www.ureach.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ReindeerF - as far as I can tell, Kall8 has all those features and more and is much less expensive. $0.10/minute is pretty high. I think Kall8 is high at $0.07/minute

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry TollFreeMax SUCKS A FAT ONE!!

Originally Posted by mmason15
    John,

Tollfreemax is the relatively the most professional service I've found out there.
    MMASON15

HAHAHA!!! That makes me laugh!

TollFreeMax is by far one of the worst communications companies EVER.
    I was briefly a customer of this unscrupulous company. I canceled their service once I found out about ALL the hidden fees. You will typically be charged DOUBLE the minutes that were used. Once I canceled they charged me a $25.00 cancelation fee! There was no mention of this when I spoke to them on the phone ... or should I say the Indian call center. HORRIBLE!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the thread is revived yet again...
    Josh is an anomaly
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleys
    And the thread is revived yet again...
    Just in time to celebrate it's 1 year anniversary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Vonage.

$4.99 per month and 4.9c/min (100 min free).

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ringcentral.com isn't the cheapest, but in my opinion among the best. VERY reliable flexible.
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for Kall8. I got an 866 number for $2 per month and includes VM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    There are some companies that give you an 800# and an extension (like 7542). And usualy you share this number with hundreds of other people.
    Where can I find info on this??
    PublisherMedia.com - Sell your ad-space direct

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helllo,

I use 800pbx.com. I got a Toll Free number from them couple of months back. There was no complaint. They provide you a free local number and also voice artist announcement. You will be charged just 3.5cents/min. They are also providing free audio conferencing soon! I am looking forward for that.

Thanks