User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Flashing Page in IE/Win

http://www.redcrossatlanta.org/annua...2004/index.php

When I mouse over various elements on my page, the page flashes - it's is white for a split-second and then everything is back. I have no idea what it could be - any ideas?

I haven't tested this in the other Win browsers, but everything is cool on the Mac so far...

Also another weirdness in IE is the fact that Flash is Flashing. I've checked and double-checked my .fla and it is a straight frame-based animation. It looks good on the other browsers, but whenever there is a motion tween, the file becomes transparent!!!

The reason I am posting this in the CSS section is because it was working yesterday with the same HTML/Flash file... the only code that has changed is the CSS - could it be related?!

Thanks for any help you can give - this is due tomorrow and there is a lot of work to be done yet...

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

It seems to work fine in my ie6, I didn't get any flashing at all.

Have you tried clearing your cache/deleting your history etc in case its full and retrieving images fresh each time.

Paul

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have cleared the cache several times... I can't figure it out - can anyone else check their IE6?

When you said it looks fine, were you referring to the Flash flashing or the page flashing or both?

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I couldn't see any flashing anywhere. The flash seems to change smoothly and I tried mousing over everything but didn't notice any problems.

It looks the same as mozilla.

Have you cleared your history in case theres a currupted page or image in there.

Can't think of anything else (unless you've changed your browers seetings to every visit etc.)

Paul

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cleared the history and the cache again... still the same thing.

I am using IE 6.0.2800.1106

Whenever I mouse over the navigation on the home page (redcrossatlanta.org/annualreport/2004) the entire screen flashes, including background images. It's as if the screen is "redrawing" the page...

On the Flash issue, the animation should fade between two images in a loop. Everything is fine until the transition between the two images takes place and then the entire swf appears to turn transparent once for each frame of the animation. At 31fps, it's a little disturbing. As soon as the transition stops, it looks good again, until the next transition.

If anyone can duplicate this problem in their browser let me know. It seems weird that it's just my copy of IE. Thanks for checking into this for me Paul!