User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Please take a look at the following page,
    http://www.ironstone.f2s.com/index.shtml

Will the search engines consider this page spam???
    Is this what is called a "Doorway Page"??

I have not placed META tags on the page yet. I want to eventually place META tags which describe what the site is about. This page essetially has no content.

There is a "ENTER" link on the page which will lead to the Home page. The Home page has links to all the other pages on the site.

Any and all input appreciated.

WP
    Webbing Along!!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    No a search engine wouldn't consider the page spam because a visitor is not automatically forewarded to another page.
    Yes it is what's known as a doorway page although simply adding meta-tags describing your home page will not really achieve anything. Decide what your most relevent search phrase is (and make sure people are using the phrase) then layout the page to score high for those words.
    If done correctly the page will achieve a high position when someone searches with your chosen phrase.
    If the search phrase is of a high relevancy to your site then the search engines will tolerate it because it is giving the searcher what he wants.
    www.gr8-business.com
    Free software and tips to
    promote your site.

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to be wary of is that not all search engines use meta tags......or if they do, they're not their first port of call, so to speak.

I've noticed that many will pick up the page title first, and will also scan text on the page itself for the words that have been keyed in to the search.

You may find that what will happen is that your 'secondary' page will be indexed on the search engine instead.
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!