SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,
    i downloaded phpdev for a guy who told me here, forgot his name, hope he recognise himself. Firstly i would like to know if after unzipping the phpdev thing, is it all done for the installation ???, or need to be configure ?. In a tutorial installing mysql, the guy say that i should open mysqld from mysqld/bin directory. I tried,but..........
    It's a DOS window, and in not even 1 second, the window dissapear, flip,.gone!.I tried many times, and when i try to open the mysqld from bin, the window appear for 1 second and then, flip disapear!, gone! there's also a problem with my localhost stuff.When i type localhost in the url window up, it says that i shouldbe connected in the internet, ok i connect myself and hop,

. What must i do ?.and when i try an html page with

<?php

php info ();

?>

Nothing!,i should get the info , isn't it ??, how to configure this thing out, what a ........!

brian
    please reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa. Slow down.

First, in Windows, you must open a DOS window, then navigate to the MySQL directory, then type mysqld.

You must install PHP...there should be instructions in the zip file for that. If you don't have a web server installed on your local computer, you must do that also.
    Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koolbrian, if you downloaded the excellent PHPDev3 from Firepages.com.au, you need to basically unzip the files and run.

If you unzipped to the default of c:/phpdev3, do the following.

1. Navigate to c:/phpdev3

2. If you are using Windows 95 or 98, run the "95_98_start.bat" file and a DOS window should appear.
    If you close it, the server stops, so don't close it until you have finished coding.

2a. If you are using Windows NT or 2000, you'll need to run "NT_2k_Apache_Start.bat" and leave it open and then run "NT_2k_MySQL_Start" which you can close. The reason being that MySQL doesn't start up in NT/2k very well (as far as I know).

3. When coding, the c:/phpdev3/www/ is the root, so if you put any files in there, you'll be able to view them on your "server".

4. Open up your browser and visit "http://localhost" or "127.0.0.1". If a page appears, everything is running fine, if not go back through the steps and check that everything is going ok. You MUST keep the Apache DOS window open to get everything working.

I hope this helps man. Everyone else, check it out. 4 steps to getting a fully working server that doesn't need to be installed as a service, nothing to compile, works on pretty much all Windows based machines and really does the job incredibly well.

You can download it from :- http://www.firepages.com.au/devindex.htm
    The link is at the bottom right of that page, and the site also has some handy support forums so Koolbrian, if what I suggested doesn't work, give them a shot.

I wholheartedly recommend this package and would love to thank the developer for saving me SO MUCH time

See y'all,
    Last edited by KMxRetro; Apr 10, 2001 at 21:28.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

You are going to the folder mysql\bin and clicking on the mysqld.exe icon which is incorrect. You have to run mysqld.exe from a DOS window. Click on Start/Programs/MS-DOS Prompt and then you will see:

C:\WINDOWS>

type in:

C:\WINDOWS>cd ..

and you will see:

C:\>

If the path to your mysql\bin folder is C:\mysql\bin then type in this:

C:\>cd mysql\bin

and you will see:

C:\mysql\bin>

then type in mysqld to run mysqld.exe:

C:\mysql\bin>mysqld

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the phpdev3. It's working fine and it's easy, which it's saving me a lot of time alright

It's exactly like KMxRetro say However, I'm still having problem to get the phpMyAdmin working...

But, I guess I just don't need this I can logon to mysql using the client

I haven't try to connect to the database server using phpdev3 yet, but I tried testing some php code here.. it's working alright So, I assume that it will be working fine also with the MysQL.
    Ngu I.P.
    Web Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's phpdev2 then just run the go.bat file in the phpdev directory. This will run mysql and apache. To check it's working start up the browser and type in http://localhost for url. Should bring up an information page.
    MSWD for website building

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nguip, to use the PhpMyAdmin, start the server and go to http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/index.php - that should do the trick.