SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My menu text is different sizes on different computers

I have a header menu created using a styled list, that is constrained by a header div.
    The problem is that some computers render the text different sizes, which is a problem as all the butons are different sizes so the spacing is done by padding on the 'li a'.
    On my PC it is Ok, on some PC's the menu ends up a bit short, but the bigest problem is on the Mac where the last itemgets shoved on to a new line.

Page CSS

I have had this problem before but only in headers and the like, where sizing wasn't critical. Here it's turned into a serious problem though.

Thanks for any help

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    but the bigest problem is on the Mac where the last itemgets shoved on to a new line.
    My macs not connected to the net so I copied your menus and images across and they seemed to display ok - all on one line as expected. (ie5.1 mac)

Usually its floats without widths that cause problems in ie5 mac but your menu didn'r break onto another line with the code I copied over. Of course I didn't have time to copy all the images etc over so I may have nmssed something somewhere.

Paul