Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"This Window Is Busy"

I keep getting the following error box over and over again:

This Window is Busy
    Closing this window may cause some problems
    Do you want to close anyway?

[ok] [cancel]

I keep clicking OK, but the same error box keep appearing over and over? Is this the work of adwares? I have 4 different anti-spyware programs, and I have norton firewall and anit virus! They all say no spywares were found!

I tried restarting. Didn't help. I tried clearing my cookies, history, and caches. Still didn't help. Any advise?

I also went to Task Manager and looked at the active processes. Two different active processes are "IEXPLORER.EXE" and "explorer.exe" Is that normal? Can I kill both of these processes safely?

One final note. I usually only use Mozilla. I hear it's safer than Explorer.

I'd really appreciate any help.

SitePoint Evangelist mdew_junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience, you can kill the process "iexplorer.exe" without a problem since it's tied up to the IE browser.

Killing "explorer.exe" is a bit more tenuous since it's related to windows explorer and generally, I'm pretty sure is always on. Now, I don't remember for sure, since I haven't run into this issue in quite a while, but I think that killing that one pretty much causes Windows to shut down or if not makes it so that you have to reboot your PC.

Sorry, but can't help you more than that. Not sure what your overall problem is though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have u updated your PC to Service Pack 2? If not then u should. Another thing, u should try using Firefox/Mozilla to browse the internet, if u are still getting these messages after using a different browser then post again in these forums and i see what i can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iexplorer.exe is Internet Explorer, and explorer.exe is the "user interface" to Windows. You can kill both of them when you like -- you'll just pretty much have to Ctrl+Alt-Del to get your taskmanager to show up so that you can run explorer.exe or start a DOS session. As to your Windows errors ... I don't know. Doesn't sound like a spyware problem -- do you have adequate Anti-Virus protection? Otherwise it just sounds like a program bug.

Also -- past editions of Windows, in my experience, have a tendency to give you dialogs continuously -- so it's possible some program process triggered that error and you just have 157 dialogs open -- try shift+OKing the dialogs and seeing if you can click through all of them.
    Colin Anderson
    Ambition is a poor excuse for those without
    sense enough to be lazy.