User Tag List

Thread: Google Adsense

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Adsense

Does anyone know what types of websites does Google Adsense pay more than $1.00 per click?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not about what types of websites, as much as what topics. Some pages on the same site may average $0.05 while other pages on the same site may average several dollars per click. On top of this the average ppc will fluctuate wildly for any topic througout the month and year.

Instead of asking what types of sites pay the highest amounts, you need to ask yourself what topic do you know the most about and are you most interested in. Then build a site based on this topic. While it may take time to build the traffic levels necessary to earn much money, it will be much more rewarding.

There are no shortcuts to making lots of money with Google AdSense or any other form of banner advertising.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with KLB (as I mostly do, he's a very smart man), but I'd like to extend on his argument.

How much clicks in a topic is worth is directly related to two factors:
    1. How much competition there in in the relevant market.
    2. How large the profit margins are in the relevant market.

I.e. If a market has large profit margins (i.e. low costs associated with each product/service sale) and has high competition (most likely due to the large profit margins), the Google Adwords ads will inevitably be very highly priced. This is, of course, because the advertisers can afford paying a lot, and MUST pay a lot to be seen.

Now, because the area is so competitive, that means the site you will create about the topic will also have lots of competition. The higher the cost per keyword, the more intense competition you will be facing. The highest paying keywords have so fierce competition that it is incredibly difficult to enter that market because competition is so fierce.

So, while shooting for the most profitable market might seem like a good idea, it is not, becasue everyone else and their mother also think it seems like a good idea.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to third that. I have actualy tried doing both - to test. And the smaller niche sites, with my own original content, generally fair better in traffic and thus in revenue.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have an already established site with some decent traffic and it target high paying keywords, you will be generating decent income. However, to introduce a totally new site to get benefit from high paying ads is really difficult job.

Getting traffic from search engines will be difficult because of the high competition from the established websites. Web Hosting for example is very tough medium to compete in. I don't get traffic from search engine because I can't get high in Search engine results. I have PR 5 but big boys and big web hosting companies have PR 6-8. They also have deep pockets and they advertise for themselves in Google and other search engines to get on top of results either using their high PR or by paying to get premium placement.

I target my pages for the uncommon keywords and I pay for traffic. So in the end, you will get low traffic and pay alot to get paid traffic. You can make money but will it cover your expenses?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth is, websites that were built only to profit from ads are very easily recognized and have become so common that it is a very competitive market. Looking at many of Sitepoint's users signature you can easily distinguish between site done with passion and the ones done for profit only, and everyone here knows what Iím talking about. Do with it what you will; just know what you're getting into.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing that should be mentioned is that often times topics with high PPC value AdSense ads do not generate much traffic (thus the clicks are worth more). In my case, dollar wise, I earn the most money off of one of my topics with the lowest PPC value. while I earn the least money from the topic with the highest PPC value.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space