SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

google adsense not updating?

I just moved my blog from blogger to wordpress, and I noticed that the google adsense ads haven't been updating. It's still showing the ads from a couple of weeks ago.

www.dailyclerks.com.

anyone know why this is happening?

M.B.B.S.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that Adsense takes a lot of time to update. Once I had changed content & html of several pages of my site and it was still showing the ads for a week which used to be shown before my updating. After a few days I changed the web page file names and it showed ads based on new content. Interesting, isn't it?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works fine for me

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone
    It seems that Adsense takes a lot of time to update. Once I had changed content & html of several pages of my site and it was still showing the ads for a week which used to be shown before my updating. After a few days I changed the web page file names and it showed ads based on new content. Interesting, isn't it?
    The presence of AdSense on a new URL invokes the spider to visit your website. AdSense expects most pages to remain relatively static, as each new page will have its own URL.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I guess i'll just have to wait. I had changed the name of the file from index.htm to index.php.

The other pages seem to work fine except for the index page. Keeps showing the damn transformers.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That won't change the ads shown on http://www.example.com, as the URL is still http://www.example.com.

M.B.B.S.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dailyclerk
    ok, I guess i'll just have to wait. I had changed the name of the file from index.htm to index.php.

The other pages seem to work fine except for the index page. Keeps showing the damn transformers.
    Redirecting index.htm to another page will do the job. For example, you can rename the current index.htm to index2.htm and create a blank index.htm which will redirect to index2.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone
    Redirecting index.htm to another page will do the job. For example, you can rename the current index.htm to index2.htm and create a blank index.htm which will redirect to index2.htm
    That'd probably have more negative impact on SEO than is worth it just to get new ads...