SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why am I still getting marketing emails?

Just received this email:
    Hello Wayne Luke,

As a past SitePoint Customer I thought you'd be interested to hear that our best-selling PHP/MYSQL Book has been completely updated for PHP 5 and is now available to you for 30% off.

"Build Your Own Database-Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL" by Kevin Yank has garnered glowing reviews from readers and major Websites, including Slashdot.org.

The new 3rd edition has been completely revised and expanded. It not only includes full setup instructions for PHP 5 on Windows, Linux, and Mac, but all code examples have been revised for PHP 5.

In addition, the updated book also contains a bonus chapter on structured PHP Programming, and is filled with new screenshots to show you expected outcomes as you progress.

If you've ever wanted to learn to program using PHP & MySQL, this book will walk you step-by-step through:

- Obtaining and installing all the necessary software
    - Building a fully functional Content Management System
    - Performing automatic database back-ups
    - Sending emails automatically based on triggered events
    - Mastering MySQL Administration
    - and much more.

The book also includes a handy reference guide to common MySQL Syntax, Functions, Column types and more.

To take advantage of your 30% discount and get the book for only $27.96 USD simply use this special voucher link:

This exclusive "customer only" offer expires on October 31st, 2004.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us by simply replying to this email.

Best Regards,

Mark Harbottle
    CEO / Co-founder
    SitePoint Pty Ltd

P.S. Your purchase is backed by our 30-day money back guarantee.
    If you are unsatisfied with the book, just return it to us for a
    prompt refund.

Click here if you never wish to hear from SitePoint about any product: http://sitepoint.com/u?dne=1&t=8bf44887debb2285
    I have been clicking the second link and removing my email address from SitePoint's lists and marketing mails for over a year now. Everytime I get told that I will not get another email and everytime there is a new damn release I get an email....

DO NOT EMAIL ME MARKETING MATERIAL EVER AGAIN. This email has been reported as Spam to my Internet Provider (Verizon Online, the largest telephone company in the United States) and to Spamnet.
    Last edited by Hierophant; Oct 14, 2004 at 11:01.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies for this Wayne. With your help I've uncovered a bug in our list building facility, which I'm rectifying now.

Could you please email or PM me a list of any other email addresses you might have used with us over the years and I'll make sure they on our Do Not Email lists.

My apologies once again.
    Wormly Server Performance Monitoring
    Don't wait for an SMS at 4am. Find out what's really
    going on and fix the problem. www.wormly.com/website-monitoring