User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with expanding content.

Hello all,

I'd appreciate some feedback on an issue I'm having. On this page, the content really doesn't scale well. I'm using background images (some with rounded corners) extensively and you will see how they just completely mess up the design when text is scaled to a larger size. This is clearly apparent in the Latest News section as well as the section with Contact Info.

What I'm looking for is any tips anyone may have for me on getting this design looking decent when scaled. If you could point me to any articles, tutorials or FAQ's or if you hust have a piece of advice you'd like to add in, I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Thanks in advance.

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The problem is that you are using a fixed size image for your rounded corners so there is no where for the image to stretch and so the text breaks out.

You would either need to add top and bottom images so that it expands with the text vertically but that would probably mean that the horizontal aspect would break at larger sizes. Therefore for a fluid rounded box you would need to supply all four corners as images and then size the box in ems so that text and box scale together.

There are a lot of examples here and I'm sure one will fit the bill for you.

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=RoundedCorners

Paul

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a shot. I want an image in the background as well as the rounded corners so that complicates things a little, but I'll have a go at it anyway.