SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP Anthology Vol 1..

In Chapter 9 in page 256... it shows the userlits but it includes Table.php i presume this is the table class from HTMLTable.php but it does not work... when i include that file it gives me this:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: html_table in c:\appserv\www\phpanthologycode\webpageelements\2.php on line 37

btw... might i add that it is ver annoying that all the code resides in different directories, so if you want to test the downloaded files you need to search for files, put it in different directorie rename file etc... also it would be nice if there are chapter numbers in the directories.. this way it is very messy.
    Go visit my site :-D you know you want to ;-)
    www.mech7.net

$this->toCD-R(LP); vinyl-junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're most likely getting the HTML_Table error because it's a PEAR package that doesn't reside on your server.

As for your comment about the book code residing in different directories, I totally agree with you. I would rather have it organized by chapter so I didn't have to go on a hunt to find the particular piece of code I wanted. Kevin Yank's book code is organized like that, and it's much better.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more
    Showcase your music collection on the Web

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh yes thx you where right I have installed the PEAR Package and it is all working now
    Go visit my site :-D you know you want to ;-)
    www.mech7.net

$this->toCD-R(LP); vinyl-junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelsoul
    btw... might i add that it is ver annoying that all the code resides in different directories, so if you want to test the downloaded files you need to search for files, put it in different directorie rename file etc... also it would be nice if there are chapter numbers in the directories.. this way it is very messy.
    Hey, I just made an important discovery tonight about the way this code is organized, and now I feel stupid for not seeing it earlier.

I was looking at Anthology 1 this evening, on page 160, where Pear::Validate is being discussed. Look at the chapter heading in the upper left corner. It says Text Manipulation. Now, look at the list of folders for your code. There's also a folder by the title of Text Manipulation!

Why didn't I notice that before? Once you understand the way the code is organized, it's easy to find what you're looking for.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more
    Showcase your music collection on the Web