SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for suggestions on How to make a large list of address. We have permission from www.law.nyu.edu to use a very large list of Central banks and need a way to package it on our site without taking up so much room. check http://www.moneytec.com/Central%20banks/Central_Banks.htm

Best Regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on the hassle you want to go to I guess.
    If you've got the server side kit and expertise you could set up a database and have users request addresses according to a number of options - name of bank, location, etc.
    Using flat HTML you'll probably want to start splitting up the list into sections and have a constant navigation on each page - alphabetical by country if that's what suits you is probably okay.
    the bottoms of my shoes are clean from walking in the rain

SitePoint Enthusiast Laura Brandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way would be using database to store the data such as name of bank, location etc. It will be easier to update in the future as you can set up an administration page for adding new banks, updating and deleting new banks as well as adding and updating country names.

The country listing can be dynamically generated from the database, thus it will be easier everytime you add a new data.

Hope this helps.

Laura
    Aletia Hosting - Full-Featured, Superfast Web Hosting
    PHP4, MySQL, Perl/CGI, Multiple Domain Support and More.
    Plans Start From: 200MB + 10GB Transfer at $9.95/mth
    http://AletiaHosting.com - sales@aletia.net - AIM: AletiaCorp - ICQ: 111160011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you "both"...Great advice!

I have just yesterday installed Mysql and PHP and will be trying to learn how to use this as a data base driven site. It sounds like the best way to go to reach my end objective of a well designed Portal. One more thing I need help with is real time currency charts, Can I use a "db" to package currency charts and graphs ? Any good programs or programers out there that could make things a lot easier to design all this?

PHP Code:
    Best  Regards