User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Content shifting to the right in Netscape

Hello,

If you look at the attached screenshot, you will notice that the four boxes on the bottom, (which are enclosed in one table), are shifted to the right when they are supposed to be on the left edge of the screen. This is happening in Navigator 7.2, but not in 7.1 or in Internet Explorer 6. If any of you out there are Netscape gurus and could help me figure out how to fix this without altering the page in such a way that it will then be "off" in other browsers, it would be MUCH appreciated! Also, a temporary URL for this page is http://www.classicallydivine.com/tests/index2.php, just in case taking a look at the code would assist in a diagnosis of the problem!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Terri Eades - Web/Graphic Designer - www.terrieades.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this has nothing to do with a fix for your issue...

Don't you think you are kind of being a bit discriminating 'ETHNICS.COM' thats such a harsh title, firstly you are singling out a group of people purely because their ethnicity and then you make the title all UPPERCASE...

In my opinion the title needs to be changed to something that is less discriminating which promotes the aim of the site and also takes into a account multi-culturalism etc.

I realise it might not be your place to say anything at all, but surely you could advise it..i don't mean to be rude but we are trying to promote mutliculturalism by treating all people equally NOT singling them out because they are as your site says 'Ethnic'

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi loadx,

I, personally, can definitely see the points that you are bringing up, as I am an American, plus I have just moved from Hawaii, where I had to confront this issue often. As you have guessed, though, this is a client's site and although I can give them advice within my field of expertise, I do feel like I would be stepping out of my realm by giving them business advice.
    Terri Eades - Web/Graphic Designer - www.terrieades.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well your field of expertise is obviously web design now in refrence to descrimination they are going to get LESS page hits for having such a racist domain name and adjoined statements.

this is where you could jump in and put foward your ideas saying that they should change the name etc etc.. i know it might seem out of your bounds but in reality the site will suffer with such descrimination.

thanks for being so open minded to my comment man, i appreciate it

oh sorry to drag the post further off topic hehe.