SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I have FrontPage extensions installed on my server, can I also use PHP in my web site to access my mySQL database?

I'd like to be able to use both together if possible. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FrontPage does not like the <?php. It will conver the < to &gt;, or whatever the code is. That's what it has done to me, not sure if you will experience the same probs.
    s c r i p t s f o r y o u . n e t
    ScriptsForYou

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had that problem also. In the PHP manual it says you can use: <script language="php"> </script>. It actually mentions FrontPage as an editor that doesn't like processing instructions.

I've never tried this and I was wondering if it was actually possible to run php code under FrontPage extensions using this tag to specify php code.

If anyone has done this successfully, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

imagine no limitations exbabylon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who wants FP etx?

with the awesome funcionality and power of PHP and Apache, how could you even consider wanting to use FP etx's? Well, I'll give it a try..

and for all of you FP junkies out there... you know something I don't care to know... how to use FP extentions! Actually, I used them a lot 8 months ago.. but now am a PHP/MySQL feak! Give PHP a shot.. it smokes FP all hollow... on everything.. totally different stuff I know.. but not really

I doubt that you can run both.. kinda like running SSI inside PHP pages... two server side programs running the same time on the same page... good way to cause problems! I'll set up FP extentions on my server and try it for you guys in a couple of days.. mabey less...
    Blamestorming: Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

Exbabylon- Professional Internet Services

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I love PHP/mySQL. And I hope to develop a few scripts to release. (It helps that I program in VB already) I would just like to have some of the conveniences of FP also. And my husband puts his web site on the same server. His site uses FP since he doesn't know much about web design and that is easiest for him.

I guess it doesn't matter that they are both there as long as they aren't used together.

I think for it to work better than it does, you have to add html parsing so that PHP will look in the html pages as well. I haven't tried this, but I'm thinking of just sticking with my original plan and just using FP to get layout, then going straight code to get the rest.

Thanks for all the help.