SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aggressiveness Of Networks/Recommendations? (Questions - Help Appreciated)

Hey,

I've been running my own site for while now, and am looking to get into some advertising networks. I know for a fact that Google Adsense is horrible for pro wrestling sites (which is the genre of my site).

I get about 58,000 uniques a month right now (approx. 2000/day) and about 210,000 page views a month (approx. 7000/day).

Although pro wrestling sites are quite easy to promote, I want to keep my regular fan base happy by not serving any ads that are overly aggressive.

I've already applied to most of the bigger ones, Casale, 247, Tribal, and ValueClick, only to hear back from Casale (got denied).

I'm wondering if I could get any information from you guys on the following networks:

1) Infinity Ads
    2) RealCast Media
    3) BUDS Inc

Are they legit? Are they aggressive? Decent CPMs?

Also, any other network recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Last edited by TimBrown; Oct 3, 2004 at 21:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FastClick interstitials are working quite well for me so far.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip!

Anyone know anything about Infinity, RealCast, and BUDS? What are they like? Or have any other suggestions for networks?

Anybody?

Please

SitePoint Enthusiast Dating Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried Amazon Ads targeted to WWE, WCW, Wrestlemania, etc...? It seems they would compliment the site in a big way. Your site is extremely up to date and I think your audience will respond likewise to your product offerings.
    Sig removed because my dating site is no longer mainstream.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some other wrestling sites similar to mine have tried using Amazon/AdWords, however it seems these programs do not work very well on those websites. One would think that they would work well on such websites, but I guess not. Which is why I have been looking for the best CPM networks I can find.

Thanks for the response though!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    realcast payed VERY well at one point for layer ads but since then I have not used them as for one, they have a horrible publisher interface and second, their payout is very low.

I tried BUDS but I didn't give them enough traffic to really tell if they were any good.

Right now, I like CASALE. though I haven't received a check from them yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fastclick, like someone said.

If you can't get in:

Bluetime
    Max Online
    Advertising.com
    Although you might not have enough traffic for the last two.
    Sean Spurr @ Incka Limited
    Fun Games - put games on your site GamesForYourWebsite.com!
    Sites:ABCDEFGHIJ

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the replies!

I've tried getting into Casale, but they asked for me to apply again in about a month.

I've heard lots of horror stories about Max Online, so I think I'll just stay away from them for the time being.

I'm really not a fan of the net 90 payouts, but I'll check out FastClick.

My traffic numbers do jump up from time to time, like on Mondays (WWE RAW On TV, people want results, news, etc.), two Sundays a month (TNA Wrestling and WWE Pay Per View events), etc. etc.

SitePoint Guru scotlandforvisit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the three you mention I have only tried Buds. Up until very recently I was very happy with them. Good payers (30 days), good support, nice simple interface where you can exclude the "annoyers".

However,(see rider in next sentence) recently their stats are WAY out compared to what Burst says it is sending them by default (NO skyscrapers at all-Burst states 2k, Banners 800 compared to Bursts stats of 11k). Now, "rider", I DO appear to be having huge differences in what Burst states they are sending other ad networks and what is being served. My worst is the link between burst and casale. 2k a DAY, casale registers zero. No reason to doubt any of the networks but I am becoming increasingly frustrated.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, someone with a wrestling site here! How rare. I run pwpix.net, which is a wrestling picture site. Cornelius Wilson also runs a wrestling news site similar to yours as well, but I don't recall the url.

Google's horrible!!!! For wrestling sites at least. I gave it a try two weeks ago and through about 3,300 impressions, I only made 11 cents! So thus the CPM for me would be like a little less than 4 cents. I just had to pull the plug after testing it on a few pages. Wrestling clicks are only worth 3 to 5 cents. Wow, and I thought paid-traffic and pennyweb were bad. Never in my mind
    that Google would be this horrid for me after reading about how great google is on these forums for like six months.

I started using budsinc like two weeks ago as well and I'll keep it. The CPM
    for banners averages out to be about 17 cents, skyscrapers about 16 cents
    and the big box ads, like 20-25 cents. Not the greatest rates, but they seem dependable and you'll get paid for every single ad shown as their inventory is always full.

Maxonline is making me jump through hoops to get with them. All the big name companies like casale and burst turned me down, but they accepted me. They're making me sign all these contracts and they've taken long to respond to me. I had to print out a contract, sign it, then scan it to my computer to send to them, it took four tries before it was acceptable enough for them. Now I have to sign to more with the same process. Also, if you don't have over 500,000 impressions within a month from, you don't get paid a dime from them! I like to leave no stone unturned, so thus I'll give em a try. I think if you can go through all these hoops for them, they can be profitable for a publisher.

Realcast is horrible for me. Too many freakin defaults for all banners. My CPM for banners from them is like 6 cents as half the banners were defaults. And most of the cubes are defaults.

Never tried infinity ads. I tried realtechnetwork, but they withhold how much you've earned until the end of the month. I only started putting a few banners on the first of this month, so thus I'll have to wait a full month to see how much I can potentially make from them. I've heard you can make 50 CPM from them on banners, but I'll have to wait and see if it's true.

I also use blue lithium and compactbanner. You can get 15 cents per click form bluelithium, which is pretty good. They mix CPM, CPA, and CPC ads in their banners. My ECPM with them is about 30 cents, which is ok. With compactbanner, they tally all my impressions and the CPM is about 30 cents as well, which is pretty good. Unfortunately, I started using them in May, didn't make the minimum $50 enough until June, and didn't get paid till September 15. They say they are NET 45, but it's more like NET 75. I'll see what happens on October 15, if they pay me, I'll keep them, if they don't, I'll probably drop them.

And lastly, I only get like 600-700 uniques a day, but I average an amazing 20-25 page views per person per day so thus I'm able to make a decent amount of change on the few uniques I get, especially if I have 4 ads per page. I just started reporting news for lordsofpain.net, so hopefully the uniques will go up with my picture plugs, my big weakness. If I could get about 2,000 uniques a day like you, my current goal, I'd be pretty satisfied.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for all the replies!

Yeah I report on Wilson's wrestling site.

You're lucky you got with LOP, you'll get good traffic from that if you post often.

Thanks for all the replies again.

Anyone else with any recommendations?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why you would say you were happy with us until recently if obviously your discrepancies with Burst! are related to all ad networks and not just ours.

Get Paid Net 30!
    Switch To CPX Interactive!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are luck you will get into Tribal Fusion. They are by far the best IMO. Advertising.com is only good if you can send them very large impression volumes. If you can't send them a million or more impressions a month, don't bother. The don't have any sort of default manager either. My rep at advertising.com doesn't even know what a default manager is LOL.

Casale is the only network that denied my initial application. So now I am just serving their ads through Tribal Fusion and Burst. Not sure how that makes sense.

I think Fastclick is full of crap. You can search this forum for more info on that...

Burst is working well for me.

SitePoint Guru scotlandforvisit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budsinc
    Not sure why you would say you were happy with us until recently if obviously your discrepancies with Burst! are related to all ad networks and not just ours.
    Sorry, not particularly well written. I am still happy with your agency. Frustration is more at Burst.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just signed up with Budsinc and so far I am happy with them. The interface is elegant in its simplicity and is a joy to use. Revenue is acceptable for an third or fourth tier network.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tight with Calvin Martin, owner of lordsofpain.net. He linked my site even when it used to be on tripod for the past two years or so. I just asked him for a reporter job a few weeks back and he said yes on the spot.

And my mistake on realtechnetwork, you can find out how much you earn, I just didn't find the link to it. The CPM is about 30 cents for banners which is pretty good.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to go with Buds Inc, I've been running their ads for a while now, and I'm pretty impressed by their CPMs