SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to download and install Internet Explorer 5 on the computer in my room. The computer I need to install it on does not have an Internet connection. The problem is that you can't download the program, transfer it, and then install because you download a program that downloads the files for IE5. I hope you know what I mean. You need an Internet connection to install it! When I tried the "download now and install later" feature it gave me errors and wouldn't work. What should I do?

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you hunt around at Microsoft's three-legged dog of a web site long enough I think you might find a complete binary somewhere to download. I know I had to do this with IE or NS - can't remember which (or if it was both) because of firewal problems at my end.

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a long time looking for it with no luck. Why can't Microsoft just offer a download of the entire program like most others? Luckily, a friend of mine had a CD with Internet Explorer 5.5 on it but if he didn't then I would probably still not have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to your favorite magazine store and dig through the computer magazines, one of them will likely have it on CD. I got IE5, and IE 5.5 that way (On Maximum PC Cd's)

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what I did Brian..... You want me to send you a binary copy of it Michael? I have a T1 and CDRW drive at school