User Tag List

Thread: Mozilla/Firefox

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mozilla/Firefox

I'd like to say, I'm glad I took the time to register to sitepoint. I had questions regarding IE , rather I had problems with IE and the "error on page" message I kept getting that I put my question out there and one of your members by the name of bvarvel, was nice enough to reply back to me very quickly with the suggestion of using Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I have to say that I installled Firefox and can tell already I'm going to love it. Can you please tell me how I go about adding the msn toolbar( if you think I need it) the google tool bar, yahoo tool bar, and how do I find where the Mozilla browser has in its toolbar where I can check for spyware?
    Thanks again for everyone's help.
    Stephan i

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take the time to put a few suggestions, if that's okay.

Keep it simple. Don't add so many toolbars, just the ones you'll use. The more apps you're running, the more bogged your system will get. Every little thing adds up. Plus, I think only Google toolbar was ported to Firefox.

There's no ActiveX to worry about, so spyware won't seep in through Firefox.

http://blogged.btvillarin.com/2004/0...ox-extensions/

I don't know if they've been updated for 1.0PR, so I'm still using 0.93.

Best,
    - Bryan
    Bryan T. Villarin
    All Narfed Up My System Rig

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The toolbars you are wanting to install cannot be installed on FireFox. They are for IE only. However, I think you'll find once you start using FireFox more and more that you'll have less spyware on your computer. But, if you would like to add more functionality to your FireFox, go to http://update.mozilla.org. There are extensions and themes you can use to customize your FireFox with. I know I use about a dozen extensions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephaninwa
    and how do I find where the Mozilla browser has in its toolbar where I can check for spyware?
    Almost all current spyware and BHOs (Browser Hijacking Objects) use ActiveX. Since that is not available in Mozilla, you don't have to worry about 99% of the spyware out there right now.