SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this probably is an easy question, how do you get the layout at this site http://www.internetcashplanet.com. I have seen several pages with this particular layout. What looks like a single page on a colored back ground. Can someone tell me how to do this.
    Charles Harris
    mailto:harrisch@earthlink.net

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the source code you can see that the "contents" of the page are contained in a table which has been centred on the page.

<div align="center"><center>
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600">

Sometimes its easy to tell how an effect has been achieved by looking at the source code. However, sometimes I copy and paste the source code into Dreamweaver to play with it - and see the code and how the structure of the site displays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to be able to work dreamweaver, but it's too confusing for me, Lol.. Think I'd stick with Notepad...

And I do a lot of guesswork when coming to telling how the layout is done... pure laziness on my part I guess. *big grin*

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit that I use (and like) Dreamweaver but that is after downloading & trying many different types of web programs. And of course utilizing them *after* learning HTML & formatting....no WYSIWYG program is without quirks!

?? Have you tried *1st Page* ?? It is a great little editing program with three different levels of expertise in which you can write and modify your HTML. You should like it and best of all it's Free ~ Evrsoft is in the process of upgrading to 1st Page III which should be available soon but they still plan to offer it at no charge. It has been praised both by SitePoint and our forum members:
    http://www.evrsoft.com/download/

Here is a screenshot of their program:
    http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage/image..._capture_c.gif

FYI ~ You will see that this download site shows *1st Page 2000* but they recently had to rename the program & eliminate the the 2000.....WebKat
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly