User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi to the forum,

Question:- I am looking for a script/tutorial in either JSP or Javascript that can dynamically change over seconds saying page loading while my content on the bottom of the table is loading in an example of what i am trying to do can be seen at beansforbusiness.com.
    Many thanks to the forum for all replies[..]

George

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JSP

The site u specified has calls to a JSP file. i really don't know anything of JSP, but you shouldn't get it confused with Javascript just because the first four letters of the latter are the same in JSP.

Javascript is not a scripting version of Java: they're not related in anyway, although u can use a combination of the JS and Java in LiveConnect for Netscape.

It may be that your JSP pages can be written using Javascript just as ASP pages can, but because the site is connecting to a JSP-driven database there's going to a subtantial amount of actaul Java working away.

Anyway, in answer to your question, if your website is not database-driven, then u don't need JSP. I believe, there's an example of a DHTML splash screen and a "loading" status bar at either www.wsabstract.com or www.dynamicdrive.com that is very similar to what your wanting!