SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Web Trends Live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello peeps,

I'm wondering: Has anyone used Web Trends Live? And if so, how are they, are they accurate etc... I'm talking about the Personal Edition also. Thanks for your insight.

// --> Rocko
    "If it's taking up my time, then it must be good!" -Rocko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're okay, nothing special in my experiences. I primarily use SiteMeter.com and I always speak highly of them to people like you. I just personally like SiteMeter's layout better. It's easier and flows better. As far as WebTrends Live, they recently had a message for members of their free service warning they may not provide it for free anymore, I believe, so I'm not even sure how stable the service is or will be...

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I *second* Marc in referring SiteMeter ~ I have used their service for about 3 years now and the service & webmaster has been great. The stats, although you can't yet track individual page views, has been sufficient for my needs. SiteMeter tracks all the basic stats and is viewable in text and chart versions. Plus your stats can be emailed back to you.....

The *only concern* that I have is that the webmaster Dave Smith (very responsive) has mentioned to me that the invisible hit counter may become a $$ feature in the not too distant future. But even the small graphic box that they offer is far better than the animated graphic offered by HitBox.....So until my needs require a change, I will stay with SiteMeter ~
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Own your stat!

If you want to have your own stats for your site you may get an excellent script from Here:
    http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/
    Itz easy to set up and the results are excellent.
    Regards
    S.K
    S.K
    CyberBrahma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ignorance is Bliss!

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi !!

Thanks S.K. for this script link and *Welcome* to SitePoint and our Forums.....

*AND* be sure to click & read this informative SitePoint article titled "Dump That Free Hit Counter And Start Tracking" about tracking visitors that can be found in the Tips & Tricks section of SitePoint's FAQs:
    http://www.promotionbase.com/article.php?aid=87&pid=0
    Last edited by WebKat; Mar 28, 2001 at 21:46.
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for putting me on "Track" !

Thanks a bundle, Webcat for the welcome message and also for leading me to a very informative and lucid article on the need for tracking a site.
    Also for the link to Darryl Burgdorf's WebLog. I'll try that.

I am curious to know whether the bots and crawlers could find out about the hits and page views of a site without the knowledge of the owner of the site. Maybe the ad companies will be interested in such details.

Thanks.
    Regards
    S.K
    S.K
    CyberBrahma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ignorance is Bliss!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks M. James and WebKat...

M.James, thanks for the info regarding the free service, and WebKat for the information pertaining to the charging of the invisible option; I was wondering when they were going to charge for it. I think I'll go with Sitemeter.

S.K. I love the script, but my host does not support CGI. I'm leaving them in the future though.
    "If it's taking up my time, then it must be good!" -Rocko