SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

page works everywhere but in Safari ???

it's regarding parsing server side ASP code (simple database retrieval) but it works everywhere and in every browser i've tested but in Safari ... should I deal with it or is it a Safari issue to "get right"? IMO it wouldn't justify the time to deal with the tiny minority of users who might access the site this way so I'm thinking of letting it slide, but I'm open to opinions.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say the page "doesn't work" in Safari, what exactly do you mean? It doesn't display at all? It displays improperly? The parsed server-side code isn't being parsed? The database data isn't being retrieved? Is there any sort of error message coming up?

And what version of Safari? The earliest versions had quite a few bugs and quirks, but in the latest version of Safari I have yet to run across any site that doesn't work.

Safari is big on the Mac side, and getting bigger. Also, Mac users tend to be a loyal and vociferous bunch who, on the various Mac forums, trade jabs at sites that don't work on Macs.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya I guess I was vague ... basically it's a search results page that breaks results larger than 20 into separate pages ... the first page displays correctly, however, when they go to hit the "next" button it doesn't grab the next group in the recordset ... just shows 0 records.

my POV is that it works everywhere but Safari (v.1 I think) and I've come across bugs before with this browser so I'm not sure if I can justify the time to troubleshoot it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update:
    I've just tested it in 1.2.3(v125.9) and it works so I'm going to drop it. The whole thing was brought to my attention by a user of the site saying it didn't retrieve multiple pages of the recordset in his Safari browser ... but it works for me so that's good enough for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's probably not the ASP code. Can you post the relevant HTML or Javascript code that you think is causing the problem?