User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

authenticating and hotmail

Hi,

I have a site written in php that uses a mysql database and authenticates users by checking username and password against the database. Users at times receive an email notifying them that action is needed on their part. There is a link in the email to the login page and they enter their login details and everything works fine.

*Except* when the user is using hotmail. I've had two users who told me they couldn't log in. I tried it myself and had the same problem. When I click on the link to the login page to my site that is in the email the user receives, I can't log in. I keep getting the message that the username and password are not correct.

The page opens up within a frame on the hotmail site. I'm guessing the username and password for hotmail is getting mixed up with the username and password for hotmail.

Anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas on getting around it?

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the answer. I just needed to add a framebusting script on my login page to break out of the hotmail frame. I found it in this blog

Apparently there is also a free redirect service from hyperurl that was created to get around this very problem.

Microsoft sure keeps us busy.