User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile craigslist clones ad script

well after reviewing all your post and posts on many forums i have chosen www.craigslistclones.com

here are my reasons why
    1. they emailed me back very quickly and responded to all my questions also they were very nice in there emails which actually goes a long way

2 the price was reasonable for what you get and you have options to remove there links and other options to buy

3. the website explained well and had no broken links or other things that i take as warnings not to buy

ok so after my purchase i got my script within hours i had many questions regarding installation and other things that came up they responded quickly and answered every question fully wow support is awesome worth every penny you can see the demo here

http://www.craigslistclones.com/Demo.html

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds a bit like an advertisement jungbaz. Specially with one post, Jan 2008 registration and the same sentence structure as found on the site.

Red flags for me are:
    - The quality (or lack of) on the site design and on the marketing copy.
    - No information about who is selling the product.
    - No area for members and thus no shared support, addons, bug discussions, etc.
    - Support from the seller is additional ($10 a month or $80 a year.)
    - No reference to existing customers.
    - Domain was registered late 2007 by Mr. S for 1 year only.
    - No guarantees, no trials, no refunds.

It seems like a reseller of an existing script and doesn't project a permanent feel.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking is nothing of the sort

i think you should do more research.................

Red flags for me are:
    - The quality (or lack of) on the site design and on the marketing copy.

1. first i dont know there quality is great but was very straight forward

- No information about who is selling the product.

2. who do you want to be selling the product it is craigslistclones selling it dont understand

- No area for members and thus no shared support, addons, bug discussions, etc.

3. actually they email me back with support i have sent way to many emails but they always respond and i never paid extra also they just sent me a major update

- Support from the seller is additional ($10 a month or $80 a year.)

4. never paid for support and when asked they said that is only done in occasions it takes to much time or need to work on the site themself which is also the cost of install that they do not charge you so hmm

- No reference to existing customers.

5. well i will mention that i would gladly mention them as i did here

- Domain was registered late 2007 by Mr. S for 1 year only.

6. hmm well maybe he doesnt want ppl calling him like they did me when i first signed up my domain also that does not mean he did not own it prior or another site

- No guarantees, no trials, no refunds.

7. well there is a full demo why should they guarantee or offer a trial to something you can then steal and use have you ever baught a script??

anyway there great so far and i have no worrys

also btw he just sent me a major fix that all the people using the script need so i suggest if you own a copy contact him

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jungbaz, could you post the URL of your site so we can check out the script in a real world environment?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want something ready to use, I can suggest PHP Classifieds:

Demo:
    http://demo.deltascripts.com/classifieds

Site:
    http://deltascripts.com/phpclassifieds

Someone said it was free in this thread, and that is correct as long as you keep link back to DeltaScripts in the footer and not need the payment features of the script. For the rest, it is $279.
    Regards,
    Are

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so - I just purchased the script from craigslistclones.com and...

It's been 4 days- no contact from the site. no returned emails. No contact whatsoever. I'm a couple of days from having paypal reverse the charges (I'm trying to use the whois contact info but a bunch of it is bogus). The real problem is, that I really like the look and behavior of the script. They do have a demo posted - does anyone recognize the script? Is it available elsewhere? I'm looking far and wide and I like what they have to offer (if only they would give me what I've paid for...!)

Here is the demo http://craigslistclones.com/classifieds/

If anyone has alternate contact information or info as to where they acquired the script from, I would appreciate it.

Thanks - You guys run a good forum - the information has been helpful

Alextrs

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend http://www.ilistersoft.com for everyone how trying to build seo friendly classifieds site.
    I've reviewed lots of scripts, and iLister is most customizable for seo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 68classifieds.com on one of my websites. The support and the community is great. The price is awesome, and its a solid product.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jungbaz_29 View Post
    well after reviewing all your post and posts on many forums i have chosen www.craigslistclones.com

here are my reasons why
    1. they emailed me back very quickly and responded to all my questions also they were very nice in there emails which actually goes a long way

2 the price was reasonable for what you get and you have options to remove there links and other options to buy

3. the website explained well and had no broken links or other things that i take as warnings not to buy

ok so after my purchase i got my script within hours i had many questions regarding installation and other things that came up they responded quickly and answered every question fully wow support is awesome worth every penny you can see the demo here

http://www.craigslistclones.com/Demo.html
    That site is a scam and sells a pirated copy of the script. The original site to get that script is http://www.xzeroscripts.com/ at least thats what I believe and am told. I bought it from there and have it up on my site, its cheap, and does exactly what I need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBallaa View Post
    That site is a scam and sells a pirated copy of the script. The original site to get that script is http://www.xzeroscripts.com/ at least thats what I believe and am told. I bought it from there and have it up on my site, its cheap, and does exactly what I need.
    Actually you are right about who is the original developer of it. They also provide a support forum for their clients. Don't fall into the trap of these other sites you will only end up disappointed. I did some looking for this script as well to find who really was the original owner and provided real support for it. Hope it helps you.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

I stumbled across this thread, sorry I know its a bit old.

http://www.phpmydirectory.com/ can be easily modified into a classified site. As can http://open-realty.org.

If you have time and patience, drupal can be used.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geo Classifieds is the best I have found, but I guess not much templates are available, if anyone has please share

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just gave me a great idea about creating my own classified script.

on-topic: noah's classifieds have always been mentioned in these types of topics.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iki Classifieds (ikiclassifieds.com) is pretty cool. I tried it myself.

There is a free version you can try.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there any new ad scripts available besides these?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used irealty from worksforweb for my airfield lighting catalog website. they also have a car classifieds (iauto), a business catalog (ilister). free trials, give it a try.

ilister is something you should check out first, it's GP stuff, rest are more industry-specific: www_ilistersoft_com

Take care,

Mooze

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why buy a script from someone when you can make one using drupal cms. all you need is two modules cck and views2. i'm working on this one right now ZIARK COM take a look and let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Noah's Classifieds is also a good choice and more of anything It's free...

softbizscripts classifieds script is also a good one but it is paid....
    you can check it at this url:
    softbizscripts com/classifieds-script-software.php

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using AJ Classifieds which is the best php classifieds scripts.Now it has come up with six classifieds scripts such as AJ Classifieds - Real Estate,automobile,jobs,personals,for sale and services.
    ajclassifieds dot net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you decide on the script the biggest hurdle is getting the first 500 ads (doesn't matter even if you offer free ads).
    When I started (enclassifieds (do t ) c, o m), it took me more than 6 months to get the first 100 (FREE) ads, after that gradually it gets better.
    However, from my experience 95% or may be even more don't want to pay for these ads.

I currently offer an affiliate classifieds (i.e. netkars (do t) c, o m) section (for LAMP sites) FREE,
    where you can customize the header and footer to match your site,
    as well as place google ads or anything similar and make money or get reciprocal traffic.

The main advantage is that all these ads show under your URL, but are pulled from my server. This setup gives you 1000's of content pages instantly under your Domain, helping you increase your PR # as well as income / traffic from the ads shown on these pages.

It is basically a win win for everybody involved.

p.s. Try searching google for "2009 top classified site" -- the #1 is one of my affiliate classified site also (the classifieds link is on the footer).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Like Phpbb & Joomla

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phpld
    ---
    www.terkep-szallas-utazas.info
    TÉRKÉP|SZÁLLÁS|UTAZÁS - Helyben van a megoldás

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There this craigslist clone script out there called snetworks it's a good script but poor customer support and the owner of the script does not like helping people, But he will sure take your money though.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just released a script recently for PHP Classifieds...

www classifiedphpscript com/

there's a demo on the site... and I can show an admin demo if needed.

It's new, so I'm trying to promote it and make a few sales... it's got Clean URL's for good SEO results, it has well optimized Adsense locations, user auto-approval/editing/removal of ads. The only thing right now it doesn't do is charge the users to post ads... however I haven't had too much demand for that because adsense brings in money while free classifieds bring in more of a userbase.

If anyone has any questions or wants other features and is interested in the software, please feel free to ask via PM or here.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked out deltascripts and will be using this on my next site ... looks great
    Resell Virtual Assistant Services
    Philippines Virtual Assistant from $3.95 per hour
    Quote "SPAUG10" by Aug 31 for 1 week VA Services FREE !