User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Beginner - Need Help!

Hi,
    I have no programming experience in any field and I need help. I want to create a web database with a webpage interface. I want to have a textbox on my site that can retrieve a file if it is on my site. I want to have something that is similar to what the FedEx website has. If you type in the tracking number of your package the webpage will retrieve the information on that particular package. I have already downloaded MySQL and PHP 5. How do I use those programs to do this? Any help would be great! Please email me with any information that would help. I do not check these forums that often - <snip>
    Last edited by AutisticCuckoo; Mar 5, 2009 at 03:36. Reason: Email address removed by request

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site Point's PHP and MySQL book...

I would suggest you buy Site Point's PHP and MySQL book. I did and it is very good.

http://www.sitepoint.com/books/phpmysql1/

Robert Gillen

<snip>

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatco888
    Hi,
    I have no programming experience in any field and I need help. I want to create a web database with a webpage interface. I want to have a textbox on my site that can retrieve a file if it is on my site. I want to have something that is similar to what the FedEx website has. If you type in the tracking number of your package the webpage will retrieve the information on that particular package. I have already downloaded MySQL and PHP 5. How do I use those programs to do this? Any help would be great! Please email me with any information that would help. I do not check these forums that often - <snip>
    Last edited by AutisticCuckoo; Mar 5, 2009 at 05:38. Reason: Self-promotion removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    admins, could you please remove my email from this post thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a lot of questions that would take books to answer. My advice would be to find some good books and start what can be an exciting excursion in website creation.

Another option is to hire someone to create what you want.
    WebDesign.fm - my web design blog
    Web Design Inspiration Do Follow Blogs

Follow me on Twitter - Russ Adams