SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PNG Background w/filter messing up objects on top

Ok, so I have my site with .pngs and transparency which doesnt work in IE/PC. So i found a script that will take the output of my page and replace the img="" and background-image: tags with
    Code:
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='img.png', sizingMethod=scale);
    Now, the real issue is that whatever is "on top" of these filtered pngs stops working. Example; I have a link on top of one of the PNGs and I can not click on it, nor does the a:hovor css work to change the color.

You can see what Im talking about here, http://router.eldarin.com:443/~slide/MyCMS/
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains,
    no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slide
    Ok, so I have my site with .pngs and transparency which doesnt work in IE/PC. So i found a script that will take the output of my page and replace the img="" and background-imagHe: tags with
    Code:
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='img.png', sizingMethod=scale);
    Now, the real issue is that whatever is "on top" of these filtered pngs stops working. Example; I have a link on top of one of the PNGs and I can not click on it, nor does the a:hovor css work to change the color.

You can see what Im talking about here, http://router.eldarin.com:443/~slide/MyCMS/
    Hi. I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

v