SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Tables links are different colors!

Okay kids, my menu links are great, my main links are as well, but my table links are so messed up!

This is all my CSS for links:

a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: none; color:#567F93; font-weight: bold; }
    a:hover { text-decoration: none; color:#8DBDC5; font-weight: bold; }

.main a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: none; color:#567F93; font-weight: bold; }
    .main a:hover { text-decoration: none; color:#8DBDC5; font-weight: bold; }

.table a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: none; color:#567F93; font-weight: bold; }
    .table a:hover { text-decoration: none; color:#8DBDC5; font-weight: bold; }

.menu a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: none; color:#D5E5F5; font-weight: bold; }
    .menu a:hover { text-decoration: none; color:#567F93; font-weight: bold; }

And it's for this site: http://www.justaboy.equiangular.net

If you go and look there's a table near the bottom and there's a link in the last td and you can see that the first color you see (the a:link, a:visited, and a:active) is clearly the menu's first color (for the same phases) but the a:hover color isn't even listed.

Can anybody tell me what's wrong?

Thanks if you can!

equang

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Havn't had time to llok at your page but your definitions above are not as I think you meant them.

Take this code for example.
    Code:
    .menu a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: none; color:#D5E5F5; font-weight: bold; }
    You are defining the styles for your menus a:link state and then you are redefining all anchors that are visted and active.

What I think you meant to do is define all three states for menu as follows.
    Code:
    .menu a:link, .menu a:visited, .menu a:active { text-decoration: none; color:#D5E5F5; font-weight: bold; }
    You have made the same mistake in all your definitions above and are constantly redefining a:visited and active. I assume you have made the same mistakes in your page so fix them first and if you still have problems I'll take a look at the actual page.

Paul

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay that worked perfect!

Thanks so much!

equang