SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Mambo-loving freaks: Give me the goods

I've recently installed Mambo and am in the process of investigation.

To aid my efforts, and perhaps anyone else's, do any of you have advice about modules to install or strategies to take? Lessons learned? Good tutorials?

I also have questions:

How do you get Mambo to create readable urls? (Like /wine/Burgundy/1977 instead of /content/view/3/)

How do you create custom content objects? Do you have to find or create a module or component to do that?

Right now everything is outputting table html. I thought that the two in this:
    PHP Code:
     <?php mosLoadModules 'left'); ?>
    ... meant that I would get div-based html, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Do I need to change some setting for every module this affects?

Thanks, your help is much appreciated!
    Sam
    Using your unpaid time to add free content to SitePoint Pty Ltd's portfolio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I got one of my questions answered, have to admit I'm a little disappointed.

According to this Mambo thread Mambo's core currently outputs tables and even nested tables and changing this would require altering Mambo's core.

At present, xMambo is a possible solution (haven't tried it), or wait until Mambo 4.6 or 5 fixes the problem.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.mamboportal.com

A better place to ask mambo questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709
    www.mamboportal.com

A better place to ask mambo questions.
    Are you saying Mambers is better than Mamboserver forums or that Mambers is better than Sitepoint for Mambo questions?

The reason I asked here was to get general info from people whose advice might be "use something else".

But whatever, the thread is kind of stale now, just happens I got the answer that cracked the whole thing open a few minutes after posting. I didn't expect that to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like mambo,but I have found it limited..Custom pages will generate headaches...If you are after neat, clean cms it is the way to go.. my 2 cents

Thanks
    Tbase
    I want to BUY Google API Keys (Soap).
    PM me if you got one to sell.