User Tag List

Thread: Stipid Question

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Stipid Question

Ok Got a couple of stupid questions for you Pure CSS gurus.

1. I am refitting my site to be pure css but i find when i am going in and doing this i usually have at least one image on the page that just visually communicates the theme or idea of the page. That being said
    should i just leave the image tag out there in the flow of the document?
    should i put it in a div to make it easier to work with in the future?

2. I would also like to know what do you guys do with Forms?? Do you still format them with Tables to make them line up right? Or is thier a better way to do this with CSS?? Any Linksto tutorials on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I know these seem like a stupid questions but i figured get some ideas what others do and it may give me some ideas for my refit.

Thanks

RAKESS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rakess
    1. I am refitting my site to be pure css but i find when i am going in and doing this i usually have at least one image on the page that just visually communicates the theme or idea of the page. That being said
    should i just leave the image tag out there in the flow of the document?
    should i put it in a div to make it easier to work with in the future?
    Honestly, I usually put the image within a <div> container, but that's b/c the <div> is doing my positing for me. If you use absolute or floats you're going to take the flow out of the document anyway, so I would think it would depend on your layout needs

Quote Originally Posted by rakess
    2. I would also like to know what do you guys do with Forms?? Do you still format them with Tables to make them line up right? Or is thier a better way to do this with CSS?? Any Linksto tutorials on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
    I use tables to format my forms. I attempted CSS one time and didn't like the result, to messy and cross browser wasn't very efficient. Plus, the W3C states specifically that tables can be used for forms. I then style it with CSS which an article for that can be found on sitepoint at:http://www.sitepoint.com/article/style-web-forms-css
    I learned how to style forms from this article

You can do it with CSS, alistapart has a couple articles on it. I still wouldn't recommend it.
    Ryan Butler

Midwest Web Design