SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Always A Novice bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd point out this article...

SitePoint Wizard megamanXplosion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's idiotic at best.

There's a remarkable graph on Google's Zeitgeist site showing the meteoric rise of Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 use and equally catastrophic decline of all other competing browsers.
    It's quite the opposite on almost every other site on the Internet. The only reason why Google would have a "meteoric rise" is because they offer Internet Explorer plugins, duh. If I make a site with a bunch of Opera or Mozilla skins, I'd expect to see a "meteoric rise" in their usage. I really wish people would quit publishing articles without doing proper research, or just using their brain for starters...

I run IE and watch on a daily basis as the browser eats up most of my system resources.
    Let's see, the author wrote an article about how Internet Explorer reigns the browser market, then goes on about how (s)he uses it daily, I smell a bias. I think this article was a pathetic attempt to backlash at the Mozilla craze happening recently. Seems like they are digging up any evidence they can to twist to support their claims. Quite pathetic.

To be fair, I'm a power user. I normally have three, four, even five browsers open at once. IE is not made for me. It's built for the user who will stay in one window all the time and carefully shut down one browser before opening another.
    Liar. If Internet Explorer wasn't made for you, and it eats up all of your system resources, then why the hell would you run it daily? Seems that this was an attempt to cover up the author's tracks, they failed.

The most innovative additions to Internet Explorer have, until very recently, been built by third-party companies like Google. Google's IE toolbar is the must-have accessory for all IE users.
    Further proving my point as to why Google is a bad place to recieve stats from. If users can get this "innovative" (laughs) features from Google, of course Google will have a much larger IE audience than those that do not give them "innovative" features.

Now, the new IE in Windows XP Service Pack 2… Wait a minute. Isn't the browser supposed to be separate from the OS? Why is a major update coming with SP2?
    The major update is coming with SP2 because Internet Explorer is a part of Windows, and they call these "Windows Updates". Geez, are people really this retarded?

Mozilla's Firefox is, for now, the model of what a browser should be. It's lightweight, unobtrusive, and trouble-free. Yes, there are some things that it can't do
    That's a hypocritical statement. It's trouble-free but there's some things it can't do? That doesn't even make sense.

What Others Are Saying

Actually, the writings are in our forum.
    If people are really stupid enough to believe this article and participate in a discussion about it, of course they use IE *laughs*

Damolisher said that he hasn't switched, and his plan for how to get around IE vulnerabilities is to hope that the alternate browsers become bigger, more attractive targets. This is logic so twisted that it's almost brilliant:
    Almost brilliant? It's retarded. He's avoiding alternative browsers because they are currently secure and is waiting for his P.O.S. browser to become secure through obscurity. Man, where do they find these people?

The problems IE creates are not unique or crippling
    Say that to a knowledgable website designer/developer and see what your response is. IE is holding back the web by crippling it.

Screw it, I'm not replying to anymore of this. I have more important things to do with my time...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew Id get one of these responses real fast

SitePoint Wizard megamanXplosion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you deserved it

j/k

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me? Im in agreeance with you, I didnt like this article...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great humour article right there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm, some of the responses to the article from the Pc Magazine forums are just as humorous.