SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question re: selection box-rollover color?

Hi - I have a problem and cannot seem to find the problem!

(Hopefully I am including enough info here so someone can tell what I'm saying, I don't feel like putting up the whole style sheet).

I am doing a site in css - it has a form on it, with this drop down selection list. I have set the background color to what i want and the text color - ok.

Anyway! The WEIRD thing that bugs me is - if you scroll through the selections in the drop down list, on the rollover it is this ugly dark green color, but I have no reference ANYWHERE to this color! Not on the page, and not in the style sheet.
    The default SELECT ITEM is lt. blue bg. and the drop down selections are white bg - but the rollover is an ugly sort of #006666 color.

Is this some default thing? How can I change the hover or rollover background color of a selection drop down list?

Thanks!

Here's part of the table code with the list:
    (like I said, there is NO reference to any green colors in the css or html - (that I can find!)

<td colspan="2" class="smallfieldcell">
    <div align="center">
    <select name="state" id="state" tabindex="5">
    <option value="">-- Select ---</option>
    <option value="print ad" style="background-color:#ffffff; color: #1672A1;">Print Advertisement</option>
    <option value="friends" style="background-color:#ffffff; color: #1672A1;">Friends/Word of Mouth</option>
    <option value="seen work" style="background-color:#ffffff; color: #1672A1;">Seen our work</option>
    <option value="sign/truck"style="background-color:#ffffff; color: #1672A1;" >Sign/Trucks</option>
    </select>
    </div>

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I can't really see anything from that code that may affect it so we would need to see more code.

(I don't suppose its anything to do with the google form autofill because thats usually yellow.
    http://dreamlettes.net/tutorials/goo...ll/default.htm )

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't suppose its anything to do with the google form autofill because thats usually yellow.
    haha. you have a point. i know that there's also a norton auto fill, and i think you can define a custom color to make your fields. i dunno.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

change default select list color

Thanks a lot for your responses - at the risk of missing an opportunity to find the solution, I will tell you there is no reference anywhere in the html code itself that refers to any colors.

The style sheet refers to these:

a:link {
    background: #E6EBE2;
    padding: 0 2px 0 2px;
    text-decoration: underline;
    color: #4F6B8B;
    }
    a:visited {
    background: #F2F5F1;
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #4F6B8B;
    }
    a:hover, a:active {
    background: #F1EFE9;
    text-decoration: underline;
    color: #384A5F;
    }

and I just double checked every color in the style sheet relating to the form, and every color is in the light/mid blue realm.

I am thinking that most drop down boxes I've ever visited have this dark green color - it must be some default thing!

But I know there's someone out there who knows how to change it! It's just not me!