User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

Like I was talking about earliar, here is the new search engine that is going to let you make $0.02 cents per search, based on a 1st click basis.

http://www.snooply.com/

We are still not officially launched, but will be April 3rd, 2001. Check it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

two thingsg i must say
    1-do not get angry to me but design is copy of the searchfuel.com
    2-You must make an agreement with 7 search their bids are very good

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of these types of sites look similar, we are going to be changing the design later on, this page was made very quickly!

We are working with 7Search! We should be partnering with them very shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wont there any chance for getting partner with goto?

also are you sure that you donot want to give your icq to me(you will be the4th advertisers in my list)

hehe my icq 20196017

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If goto.com wants to partner with us, we'll have no problem using them as a partner! We're always open for partnerships!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil Patel,

Good site. I would like to know how to partner with ah-ha or goto . I mean do you pay them for the search result on your site or they pay you?
    YES OR NO THAT"S A QUESTION.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They pay us!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil Patel

I also want a ah-ha search result on my site too, Would you please share some info about how to partner with ah-ha or goto?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,

goto is no longer accepting partnerships due to massive fraud on the part of a few affiliate aggregators.

kaumil, you better watch out for massive fraud...that is the #1 problem with straight CPC programs and always has been...there are programs out there that can smoke any arbitrary anti-fraud measures, so you better have something special up your sleeve

i don't see how findwhat/ah-ha/bay9, etc are getting around the fraud problem...every aggregator that used to use goto to launder their adult/fraudulent traffic is now using these guys...what kind of return are their advertisers getting...short-term solution for a long-term problem, goto made a BIG mistake partnering with everyone and his brother, thank god they got out of those contracts.

kaumil...are you going to provide support for your webmasters? what kind? what are your click validity requirements?

right now the only way I see a first page program working is either not paying or shaving so badly that you make some sort of a profit on 2nd page links and ads..

but maybe your program will be the exception...good luck!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    faisalp,

Yeah, goto.com isnt accepting anymore. We're very concerned with cheaters to our program and so are our partners!! We're going to try to make a slick system to stop cheaters, ips, proxies blocking etc.. also, me and my peepz are going to do hardcore investigations on on websites, a non professional site on a homestead account can't simple be getting $8,000.00 a month etc.. it all has to fall in place you know! Our instinct will tell us their cheating, and we'll investigate further!

We are definately going to provide support to our members, via EMAIL only at the first bit!

We're still discussing whether we want 2nd click or 1st click! We really dont' know.. so I can't tell you, you'll have to see April 3rd. If it wasnt' for cheaters, it would be great, but nowadays you can make programs that act like humans!

Take Care,

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil,
    Cool search program you've got. But one question, why is it not showing any search results when I pressed go.

One more thing, could you make the payments monthly instead of quarterly? And my country is banned, is it possible to apply for an exception?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a tip...

Believe me Kaumil, I don't mean to be rude, but telling everybody that you don't know what you're doing until you decide it on your launch date is NOT the best way to gain trust from your affiliates.

Also, using the basics of searchfuel.com (as onlyreal pointed out) and then saying that you'll be changing the design later is not the best way to advertise.

It's almost as bad as putting a big, animated "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" sign up on your frontpage and then submitting to the search engines or performing other promotion.

You really need to finalise EVERYTHING before launching your site, otherwise people will think that you are playing it by ear, which *COULD* get you into a lot of trouble later on.

I wish you luck with the site but I really think that it needs some more work before you launch.

Thanks,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to partner with ah-ha and put their search result on my website.
    They reply I have to send them $1000 setup fee, and sign an agreement.One of their terms is 'Either party may terminate this agreement by giving written notice to the other party at any time.'

I think this is unfair because they can terminate the agreement at any time and I lost my $1000 setup fee.

What can I do? any suggestion?

Kaumil , you have partner with ah-ha, can you give me some advise?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wly,

I replied to your thread at Geek/Talk.

KMxRetro,

True I agree with you. The first design was a rough sketch. It wasn't even public really. http://www.snooply.com take a look at it now

Jsfree,

You will have to talk to them about it. There really isn't anything I can help you with. If I could, I would. Sorry man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil, Snooply.com is looking great now. Very clean, simple and user-friendly.

I eagerly await the results of the beta test to see how the affiliate program performs.

Even with the 2 cent payment, the program is looking very attractive right now, following the virtual death of SearchFuel and the shift of others to a second-click model.

Good luck, and keep us informed!
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Czar,

Thanks!

We might be starting beta test tonight(sunday) or monday(tommorrow).

We are teens, we dont' have business days, or hours. We answer when we are here, which is most of the time.

I can reply within 2 hours of AWAKE time after 12, i'm not awake. I've got school the next morning.

Our program should explode because SearchFuel died and because we're first click. It's all a part of our business plan. Just to re-assure you, you, the webmasters will not be screwed over when we do the big change. It'll make it better, or it'll stay the same. YOU will have the choice.

Take Care.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kaumil,

what sort of funding do you have?

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to mkae it more than 2 cents, goclick.com is much bigger, and they pay more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil has already expressed that it is his intent to raise these rates once the program has established, but that he wants to launch the programs at 2 cents/click while he irons out the system and calculates his ROI from the affiliate program.

In addition, GoClick also pays just 2 cents/click:
    http://www.goclick.com/affiliate.shtml
    (as does GoTo.com).

I had the same comment when Kaumil first announced that he was developing this program, but the pay-for-placement search market has shifted substantially since then.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goto used to pay 3 sents a click and the standard internet program pays 5 cents a click, there are other ones which pay 3-6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goto used to pay 3 sents a click...
    The key phrase here being used to. As I mentioned above, the market for PPCSE affiliate programs has changed dramatically during the past month.

For all intensive purposes, SearchFuel has killed its program, SearchReferral and SearchBucks are not accepting new members (and SearchBucks has been ejecting several former members), SearchTraffic has moved to a second-click payment model, GoTo.com has cut its rate to 2c/click, others (Ask Jeeves, Google, AltaVista, etc) have ended their programs entirely.

A 2 cent/click program may not interest you, but with few other options around (that are still welcoming new members), Kaumil will have no problem attracting publishers into his program, so long as he runs it well.
    Last edited by Czar; Apr 9, 2001 at 11:07.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    faisalp,
    We don't have funding from 3rd parties. We have worked a partnership with search engines so that when you make money, so do we.

necrominator,
    I understand you wanting more than $0.02 because its not an awful lot. But you have to understand, I have to make money off this as well, and with $0.02 cents, i'm making a minimum of $0.01 cent profit. The better the program preforms the higher our rates will go. I do not want to make our rates "the best on the net" because I know from right now, webmasters like yourself will not receive complete payment or any payment at all.

Czar,
    Our program will slightly change during the months of June/July. We are going to be working deals that will allow us to give percentage cut from the listings. Webmaster's will have the option to keep sending us $0.02 (or whatever the rate will be then) or opt in for our percentage program where webmasters can take 20% - 50% cut from the bid listings. Our program will help webmasters to raise monthly revenue's for sure. Time will get this going.

I've talked to my programmer, he still seems busy. We are hoping for this Wednesday to do the beta launch, which is available for only GEEK/TALK members only. This beta launch will be very breif, probably only 1 to 3 days and then we'll start accepting everyone.

Take Care.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know how the engine arrangements work, kaumil, but what happens if your partners default?

looks like you plan to wait until you get paid before your affiliates get paid....what's your contingency plan in case one of your SE partners delays or forfeits payment?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by faisalp

looks like you plan to wait until you get paid before your affiliates get paid....what's your contingency plan in case one of your SE partners delays or forfeits payment?

I'm thinking that paying affiliates should be taken a bit more seriously than this.
    http://www.standardinternet.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly my point, Ron..

I think we're about to see a new wave of affiliate programs run by individuals or companies who don't have the liquidity to back up their affiliate agreements in case of a default on the advertiser's part.

In fact, i've already seen 4-5 come and go...

If a company makes an arrangement to purchase traffic from affiliates, why should PAYMENT for that traffic be contingent on the company making money or even 'getting paid' first?

Kaumil, affiliates will sign up to get the 2 cents you have advertised, NOT to be forced into a partnership with you.
    They do not want the fate of their money to be dependent on factors out of their control. If they want that, they'll join a 50/50 program and take the risk upon themselves.

IMHO the liquidity of the sponsor is of utmost importance - look at the affiliate programs that have closed RETROACTIVELY...phone4free.com comes to mind as an example of this practice.

In this marketplace Standard Internet has proven that they have the resources to pay affiliates the advertised rate and manage their risk to make money from the traffic they purchase.

Can you say the same?

So, I ask you again, Kaumil...what's your contingency plan in case your advertisers default on you?