SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver Layers overlap problem

On my PC the a site I designed (mainlinefamilydentistry.com) looks fine...no images overlap or anything. however, when viewed in the same browser(IE) on different PCs,the images overlap the text and everything isnt the way I positioned a little. I read the other posts similar to this aboutr CSS style. It said something about adding <td style="position:relative;">. but I don't have any tables in mine.? Also why would it look different if its the exact same page viewed in the exact same browser at the same display setting? I just wanna fix this ASAP. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't find any overlap issues that you are referring to. Is there a particular page in question?

One thing you might want to make more clear is the site navigation. I can't really make out the text in the Flash navigation.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya i am planning on enlarging the flash nav. Like on the "Our Location" page: For my home PC the map does NOT overlap the words, but at my office it does. My customer tried the site at his gym and saw that on the "Meet the Dentist" page his photos overlapped the text.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep the overlap is happening for me too on IE5..I remember having the same problem a while back and had it explained to me that layers will not have an absolute position unless they are ordered in number correctly relative to each other. There is alot of info out there on this but I, myself, never quite grasped the concept!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well howd you solve the problem?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just told you - having followed advice - I never solved it!
    http://www.toyboxpuppet-theatre.com/bios.html and in IE works fine but in Safari forget about it.
    I do mainly flash now so to go back and get it right I'd do a google search and go to one of many webmastering forums where I remember there being solutions offered. Just nothing for me ever seemed to work cross browser.
    Sorry can't be of more help.