SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Breadcrumbs for dummies

I would like to use the breadcrumb trail effect on a site but don't know PHP and see scripts that are PHP(Breadcrumbs for PHP Lovers). What do I edit in the script. I would like to learn PHP. It's bound to be easier to grasp than Javascript, but anyway any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

$this->toCD-R(LP); vinyl-junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of scripts that you can customize for your application without knowing anything about PHP, but I really think this is one where you'd really be better off learning PHP before you tried to modify an existing bread crumb script.

Harry Fuecks has an excellent discussion on how to maintain this kind of script in Volume 1 of his PHP Anthology book. In order for you to understand that though, it will be necessary for you to first read through Chapter 2 of the book, where he discusses object oriented PHP.

This is one of those situations where you asked what time it is and you're told how to build the clock first. However, I think it's a foundation that will serve you well if you're going to code in PHP.

Hope this helps.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more
    Showcase your music collection on the Web