SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CIW Certification

What is everyone's opinion of the CIW certifications? I can transfer my i-Net+ CompTIA certification to a CIW Associates and build from there. I was wondering if it was even worth it?

I am not looking to make myself more appealing to employers - I am self-employed. I was thinking that the certification logos and emblems might make me more appealing to potential customers who visit my website.

What is everyone's take on that? Do you think people would even care or know what they were?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm self-employed and am getting ready to take my last exam for Site Designer. I've benefitted not so much from the putting the logo on my web design site, but from being able to learn about a lot of different areas of webmastering. I think Prosoft's program is solid and professional. I expect it to be around for quite a while. I'm actually surprised that few webmaster sites give attention to it.

I just discovered that the new and updated version of the exams (version 5) is coming out at the beginning of the year. So, if you've been delaying finishing the current version 4 series like me, you may want to finish before year end. Good luck.
    Clickfire - A Resource for the Digitally Outspoken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clickfire
    I'm self-employed and am getting ready to take my last exam for Site Designer. I've benefitted not so much from the putting the logo on my web design site, but from being able to learn about a lot of different areas of webmastering. I think Prosoft's program is solid and professional. I expect it to be around for quite a while. I'm actually surprised that few webmaster sites give attention to it.

I just discovered that the new and updated version of the exams (version 5) is coming out at the beginning of the year. So, if you've been delaying finishing the current version 4 series like me, you may want to finish before year end. Good luck.
    I have had my master site designer cert for about 3 yrs and working towards getting some more CIW certs. I moved from Europe to Australia when the IT Bubble burst back home. In Europe CIW is known and I did get work from it. But moving to Australia i realised that no one here knows about CIW at all. Everyone that I meed asks what it is and I point them to the ciwcertified page for them to read.

I hope that they grow bigger as it is a good certification and more people should do it.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know about it and it would make absolutely no difference in me contracting someone. If your portfolio is good I wouldn't care about letters or seals.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums