SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

InaidBeauty.com--Please Review

I designed a new website IndiaBeauty for a client and it is ready to launch .. I appreciate webdesign experts to go through the website and express your constrctive remarks on overall design (Layout, Colors, Graphics, Menu, Header, Footer, etc) .. Your remarks/suggestions really helps me to improve my webdesign skills..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slow load, too heavy use of graphics
    make your text actual text, not graphics

use CSS to control background not to repeat and use a gradient fade for smooth transition to solid color

SitePoint Wizard Pedro Monteiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I feel I should say is that your website fulfills its purpose perfectly. It is a site developed for a Female audience, and you have grasped the concept of the design with target clearly in mind.
    Fantastic use of color and the harmony of the contrasts are achieved very well.

We must not forget that the typology of the target audience dictates the quality of the presentation, and not the other way around, hence the somewhat overuse of color and graphics in a Tech orientated designís perspective, should not serve has a term of comparison.

As for slight improvements concerning the design, I think that you could create a little shade in the border of the main content table, so that the boarder with the background is smoother like shown in this website: http://www.footballmanager.net/forums.html
    The Navigation system lacks a section informing the user where he is within the site, other then that, seems pretty easy to get around the site.

Finally, I feel you could try and make the site a little more accessible, by trying to make it a little more XHTML compliant.
    Best of luck with the project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your bg is too small, it looks really weird on 1600/1200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Get rid of bg, flash and the mouse over effects
    - Get rid of animated flash buttons
    - Smooth out the lines in the header

Last but not least:
    Why are you using a white woman not indian women?

L8r,

Miraculix
    Web Designer / Developer
    www.4DesignStuido.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice layout and color scheme, but as said before by others, your use of graphics/flash are a bit to heavy.

You have to improve your navigation. There is nothing to indicate which page youre looking at. Maybe it might be a good idea to mark the link/area in the menu with a darker color.

You might also consider not using justified text. Justified textblocks have a tendency to have gaps of air in the text.

Best regards
    zagal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must seat down and warm your chair and learn how to use xhtml and css and after that you'll see your misteakes. As somebody said your color scheme is not so bad but all other elements are too poore for one profesional website.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I liked the site especially the design of the subpages -- I think you'd be better off giving the top page the same look and feel as the subpages (same navbar and more white in background). The graphics throughout are excellent.

Here are some criticisms:

--Very slow to load (using DSL)
    --A text description on hover would be nice for the three image links on the top page
    --Left indents are screwed up on subpages (each line has a slightly different indent)
    --Text is a bit small on toppage

Viewed in Firefox/XP/1024x768

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very navigable. Easy to read and understand the message.

I feel like the palette is a bit limited. I'd look to add more color or an accent color that could give the site some dimension. The pastel blue and pink on their own make it look a little inconsequential, rather than feminine, I read child.

The clickable images (circles and squares) should be consistent. Choose the way you want to go.. full color monochromatic or duotone or whatever. Then make them all conform to that choice. The flash lines to indicate a button on the circle faces is okay, but the continuous flash white lines going over the heading are too much. Movement is great, but to see the white lines rolling by the whole time that you are on the page is distracting and not really very compelling as a solution, in any case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraculix

Last but not least:
    Why are you using a white woman not indian women?
    This was my first question. I was expecting to see beautiful women from India promoting beauty products that target women from India. The site name is very misleading.
    Sonic Rise - At the intersection of cars, nappy hair, and life!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow to render/load.
    Design isnt consistent
    Text in the header on some pages reads "indian beauty" not india beauty - could lose you repeat visitors through typos

other than that, its pink and thats sure to work with the ladies.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make the buttons of the top round not squared