SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Building my first PHP and MySQL driven web site here, and I just want to make sure that what I'm about to do is the best way to do it.

Here's where I am so far:

I have all my content of my articles neatly placed in the MySQL database including headings, keywords, description, content, the works. For the layout, I use the template class of the PHP LIB.

However, I'm not sure what do do about all the other pages that are not articles. I could of course define the content in each PHP script, but then I got to thinking about search engines. Is it possible to find a search engine that can search both the database and the content that's defined within the PHP scripts (please tell me if I'm not making ny sense here, and I'll elaborate).

How are you guys solving the internal search engine problem (and which search engine are you using) ?

Thanks in advance !
    Sincerely,

Eirik Johansen
    Netmaking AS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again,

Just thought I would write a short reply to get my message noticed in the forums as I really feel that I need the answer to this question before I proceed building my site.

Thanks in advance !
    Sincerely,

Eirik Johansen
    Netmaking AS