I'm creating a site for myself and have always encountered problems when trying to get images to upload successfully. I want to do the following:
- I fill in form with location of file on my hard drive, and a title for the image.
- Image is uploaded and resized to fit in a 600x600px frame whilst maintaining the aspect ratio.
- Rename the image to "$TIMESTAMP_$USERNAME" The username will be stored in the session.
- Create a thumbnail that can fit in a 100x100px frame whilst maintaining the aspect ratio.
- Move the 2 images to "/images/gallery/"
- Add the new filename and the title to a table on a database.
I know this is possible with PHP & MySQL, but how to do it is still a mystery to me. I feel loathed to pay out loads of money for a Dreamweaver Extension when I know I can do it, but I need a tutorial that can explain how to.
Does anyone know of a tutorial for this?