User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE Can't revisit my personal web page

Hi all,

Ive created a web page using html tags, however the PC I am using cannot seem to load it properly (IE). If I delete my history and type the address into the address bar it works fine....but then when i try to revisit it doesn't work.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Sounds strange! Do you have a link to the site in question?

Althugh it sounds more like a problem on your computer. If clearing the cache allows you to visit then it sounds like the cache is getting corrupted in someway. So when the browsers calls the file from cache its broken.

Do you have this problem with any other web pages? If not then it must be something about that page that is causing it. Does anyone else have this problem with your page?

Sorry but thats all I can think of

Paul

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B
    Hi,

Sounds strange! Do you have a link to the site in question?

Althugh it sounds more like a problem on your computer. If clearing the cache allows you to visit then it sounds like the cache is getting corrupted in someway. So when the browsers calls the file from cache its broken.

Do you have this problem with any other web pages? If not then it must be something about that page that is causing it. Does anyone else have this problem with your page?

Sorry but thats all I can think of

Paul
    Hi,

I agree it is probably a fault with this PC. The web page works fine on any other PC when re-visited. But also, I dont have a problem with other web pages on this PC so it could also be something with my website as you suggested. I haven't used any other PC with this problem and no one has informed me of a problem so I guess it must be this PC.

If you are interested the web page address is www.vu.union.edu/~jenningm

Cheers for the effort.

Mike

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The only thing I can think of is that you have a corrupted image or something. That first whole page image is a pretty hefty image and took a minute to load in opera.

You said you cleared your history but have you also tried deleting your temporary internet files as these are the pages that get pulled up for viewing.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Internet Explorer, there's an option to "Check for newer versions of stored pages" under the Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings. Set that option to "every visit to the page" and see if it does anything for you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem solved accidentally

Thanks for all your help. I just installed SP2 and the problem seems to have dissapeared. Maybe after the installation all of my settings in IE were altered.

Mike