SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble making things pop up in iframe

Here is what I want to happen with my iframe. Someone please tell me if it is possible. I am loading Yahoo map link into an iframe. The problem is I want the map on that yahoo page to appear right in the middle of my iframe. As it is now the page populates the iframe then the user has to scroll to see the map. Is there a way I can control the position at which a page loads into an iframe. By that I mean can I load a page into an iframe where the middle of the page is at the top.ie that type thing. I do not have control of formating the page that is to be loaded because it is coming from Yahoo.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sort of lost me, could you post a URL of the page? Or if no one else comes along w/ a solution, I'll read it again tomorrow morning and see if I understand better.
    Ryan Butler

Midwest Web Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 8 hrs sleep and currently drinking a cup of jo I'm still confused by what you want? Is it the idea that you don't want your visitors to have to scroll to see the map? Then change the height of the <iframe>.

You can place your <iframe> any place you want. If you're using tables, then place it in a <td> tag or if you're using CSS, place it inside a <div> where appropriate.

W/out a URL or example I'm guessing.
    Ryan Butler

Midwest Web Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbutler
    After 8 hrs sleep and currently drinking a cup of jo I'm still confused by what you want? Is it the idea that you don't want your visitors to have to scroll to see the map? Then change the height of the <iframe>.

You can place your <iframe> any place you want. If you're using tables, then place it in a <td> tag or if you're using CSS, place it inside a <div> where appropriate.

W/out a URL or example I'm guessing.
    Here is the url

http://www.gracewayonline.org/gracewaywhere.html

Take a look. Please give me any suggestions that would make it better. I know frames are kind of taboo right now but I think it might work in this instance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Examples are nice

I don't see the <iframe> ever being big enough for the entire map. You're trying to fit an entire web page into an <iframe>, which is possible, but I don't think it will work in this example. I personally don't care for the approach.

Why not have a link that says, "Click here for directions" and then use target="_blank" within the anchor element? This would open a new window (while keeping visitors on the current site) and would work much better and people wouldn't have to mess with viewing the entire window through an <iframe>

Just suggestions.
    Ryan Butler

Midwest Web Design