SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make wider space between records

Code:
    This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. 
    This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. <span class="textGray">[2004-08-25]</span><br>

This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. 
    This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. <span class="textGray">[2004-08-25]</span><br>

This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. 
    This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. <span class="textGray">[2004-08-25]</span><br>
    I have the 3 title records. i.e. title1 ...... title2...... title3......

I like to make the space between title recors wider without table.

How can I do it?

you can see the current display and the target display at http://220.89.242.19:8500/test/005/home/index.cfm.

Thanks in Advance

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Just use the p tag After all thats what its there for

You should really never use bare text and <br> to create your parapraphs. Use a p tag and then you can style it exactly as you want with as much or as little space as required.

Code:
    <div id="centerContent"><p>This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. This 
    is title1. This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. This is title1. 
    This is title1. This is title1. <span class="textGray">[2004-08-25]</span></p>

<p>This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. 
    This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. This is title2. 
    <span class="textGray">[2004-08-25]</span></p>

<p>This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. 
    This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. This is title3. 
    <span class="textGray">[2004-08-25]</span></p>
    etc.............
    Hope that helps.

paul
    Edit:

BTW class="textGray" is not the best way to describe elements because at a later date you may wish to change it to some other colour and then you may have red text with a class of textgray which won't make much sense. Use a class like textDate which is never going to change but can be any colour you like and identifies the element more semantically.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B
    BTW class="textGray" is not the best way to describe elements because at a later date you may wish to change it to some other colour and then you may have red text with a class of textgray which won't make much sense. Use a class like textDate which is never going to change but can be any colour you like and identifies the element more semantically.
    Thanks for the good additional advice.