SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

php if statement error

I'm trying to get the following if statement to work:
    if (($_SESSION['col4'] == 1 or $_SESSION['col4'] == 2) AND $Recordset2->Fields('col22')==1){
    }else{
    echo '<a href="#" class="linksdetails1" onclick="window.open('118.php?recordid25=<?php echo $Recordset5->Fields('col1fromtbl24') ;?>','popup','width='+(screen.availWidth-100)+',height='+(screen.availHeight-100)+',scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,toolbar=yes,directories=yes,location=yes,menubar=yes,status=yes,left=50,top=50'); return false">';
    }
    ?>

But get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DNUMBER, expecting ',' or ';' in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test2\76.php on line 270

line 270 is this line in the if statement:
    echo '<a href="#" class="linksdetails1" onclick="window.open('118.php?recordid25=<?php echo $Recordset5->Fields('col1fromtbl24') ;?>','popup','width='+(screen.availWidth-100)+',height='+(screen.availHeight-100)+',scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,toolbar=yes,directories=yes,location=yes,menubar=yes,status=yes,left=50,top=50'); return false">';

can anyone see what's wrong?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn2
    Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DNUMBER, expecting ',' or ';' in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test2\76.php on line 270

line 270 is this line in the if statement:

can anyone see what's wrong?
    The single quotes must be escaped.

PHP Code:
    echo '<a href="#" class="linksdetails1" onclick="window.open(\'118.php?recordid25=' $Recordset5->Fields('col1fromtbl24') . '\',\'popup\', \'width=\'+(screen.availWidth-100)+\',height=\'+(screen.availHeight-100)+\',return false">'

<? james('rules'); ?>
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this code instead:
    PHP Code:
    echo "<a href='#' class='linksdetails1' onclick='window.open('118.php?recordid25= $Recordset5->Fields('col1fromtbl24')','popup',width='+(screen.availWidth-100)+',height='+(screen.availHeight-100)+',scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,toolbar=yes,directories=yes,location=yes,m enubar=yes,status=yes,left=50,top=50'); return false">'; 
    I think its better to always put echo details inside " and put single quotes for everything else. I removed <?php echo that was in the code because that was probably casuing the error too.

Regards,

James
    If knowledge is power - Why isn't our army librarians?!
    Statistics show that 63% of all statistics are fake.
    When i was little i broke my neck, and i havent looked back since .
    I completed the internet in 1 week. The end boss was pretty easy though .