SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Php Tutor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Php Tutor

I am currently looking for a php tutor, and willing to pay. Would anyone be interested in taking on the challenge of tutoring me!?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason to pay for a tutor, when there are hundreds of free tutorials and scripts available from which to learn.

Start easy. Select a small project to create and go from there.

Lite...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with lite, read the tutes and always refer to the php manual (php.net).

Learn enough to know what the hell is going on and also know how to ask a question because half the time that can be the problem, people say 'i want to do this like he/she did' but they dont really explain their own goals and just point you at various snippets.

if you know enough to workout problems with just a little bit of extra help then you will do fine, aslong as people aren't spoon feeding you the answers.

most importantly though DONT attempt advanced projects untill you know the basics alot of people jump in the deep end before they have got their toes wet and they are usually the ones asking the most ridiculous questions.

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried a lot of different tutorials and a lot of different books and dont get me wrong, i have picked up a lot but I just feel my next step to learn more would be by having a tutor. I am obviously will to pay if anyone would be interested.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed, save your money. coding is a skill. like all skills, the only way you get better is practice. check out the popular articles on this site, and don't just read them - type out everything they do. you'll never build necessary habits by just reading. there are other sites like webmonkey, phpbuilder, and devshed that have great articles also. i bet they all have forums too. and of course you can always post here or on other php forums for help

have faith in yourself. i know it's easier and more comfortable to have someone hold your hand but anyone can do it if they stay serious and motivated