SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Drop em if you got em
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a good menu example

I've seen this done poorly here and there, but I was hoping someone could point me to a good example for what I'm looking to do (i.e. what the designer has demanded ):

Horizontal menu, all main options are images and have mouseover states. When "mousedover" the image changes from one to another and a vertical submenu appears. You can then mouseover any of the submenu options (image swap for all these as well) - preferably, that whole time the main option stays "on" while you're in its submenu. Yes, this is nice and easy to do nowadays with text and css, but any time I attempted to convert one to images I wound up with horrible gaps in my submenu options and the main menu could never stay to "on", so I'm looking for some javascript now. I figure I could write one, but it'll take me a bit and I know many here keep libraries and hopefully this would be in someone's (as my searches just weren't leading me to good results).

This isn't quite as chunky as it sounds, there are not many menu options.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop em if you got em
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link, but I'm looking for a two-level menu

Something like this in ascii land:
    [[[]]]|[[[]]]|[[[]]]
    [[[]]]
    [[[]]]
    [[[]]]

Easy to do with text, but the image rollovers on the submenu is what I'm having a problem with.