SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heading tags not lined up in IE5 Mac

I am having a strange experience with IE5 on the Mac

The folllowing code on IE PC puts the h3 text directly below the h2 (as it should) but IE5 on the Mac puts it a few hundred pixels to the right. I removed the surrounding "headline-text" div and this solved the problem, but I can't find out why. Any ideas?

<div id="headline-text">
    <h2>About us</h2>
    <h3>Web Developer and Internet Service Provider, Wisechoice.biz is
    dedicated to connecting businesses with clients</h3>
    </div>

#headline-text {height: 20px;overflow: visible;top: 20%;left: 277px;position: relative; width: 500px;padding: 10px;text-align: left;}
    h2 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12pt;font-style: normal;line-height: normal;font-weight: bold;font-variant: normal;color: #333333;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px;text-align: left;}
    h3 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; font-variant: normal; color: #333333; text-decoration: none; margin: 0px; text-align: left;}

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I removed the surrounding "headline-text" div and this solved the problem, but I can't find out why. Any ideas?
    I can't test on a mac at the moment but mac often inherits the positioning of its parent.

Try placing your headline-text using margins instead (margin-top:20%)

Paul