SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closing white gap in larger resolution

The following page--http://www.classicallydivine.com/tests--looks fine in the 800x600 resolution, but there is a big, white gap to the right in the 1024x768 resolution that I would like to get rid of. It is a table layout, (at this time, a CSS layout isn't the best solution for me), so somehow, I would like to stretch the blue column, (which is its own table cell), on the far right all the way up to the content. Is there any way to do this? And if not, does anyone else have a suggestion of how to close this space?

Thanks!
    Terri Eades - Web/Graphic Designer - www.terrieades.com

011110010110000101111001 jabird's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you set it too 100% in CSS? I've not learned CSS yet... just a suggestion...

Try putting your resolution on 1600x1200!!! HUGE gap!

~Jabird

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make it a habit to just make sure my site is viewable in the 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions since I have heard of *very* few that actually do their browsing at a resolution as large as the one that you tested the site out in. In fact, not everyone has even converted to the 1024x768 resolution yet, so I think there is time before we need to worry about *really* expanding our sites!

I also don't know how to perform this trick in CSS. Thanks much for your reply, though, and any other suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: This particular problem is solved for now. I simply adjusted the percentage of the cell with the blue block to 40%, which brought it all the way up to the content.

Thanks for the help once again!

011110010110000101111001 jabird's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem... I got a graphics card and moniter that could support that resolution some time ago, messed with it for a while, became very fond of it, now I don't have my old 20/20 vision :|... so I am back to 1280x1024

anyways... glad I could at least suggest something
    glad you got it fixed too

~Jabird