SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showing hidden layers (by default) on a previous page. How?

Hello everyone,

I am building a site to display a persons portfolio and I have used js to show and hide layers which contain thumbnails of a certain genre of images. When clicking on a thumbnail, the image is displayed full size in the same windows. What I would like to do is to allow the user to go back to the portfolio genre that they were looking at, rather than going back to the portfolio menu, as this is the default layer that is shown.

Is there a way for js to dislpay the last layer that the user was looking at?

I have tried the code:
    <a href="index.htm#" onClick="MM_showHideLayers('%layername%','','show')"></a>
    Note:
    The code was generated by DW MX

Thanks
    Baz
    ---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do, but it sounds like you are going to need to keep track of that last layer yourself in a global variable and when the conditions are right use that value to return to the state you wanted.

If you give me more details, maybe the source to your page, I can help more.

Charles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guimauve,

Thanks for the reply, I've decided to use a Flash slideshow and launching as a seperate page.

Thanks again.
    Baz
    ---