SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forms and images

I see that there is a problem using images to submit forms and I am struggling with the same but the examples I have found use nice clean javascript and I can't see anything similar to mine for my shop.

I am using the following...
    <FORM NAME="itemsform">
    Blub about the product

<INPUT TYPE="value" NAME="id<% =RS("code_no") %>quant" VALUE="1" SIZE=3 style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica; font-weight: regular; font-style: regular; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; height:18px">
    <INPUT NAME="id<% =RS("code_no") %>number" TYPE="Hidden" VALUE="<% =RS("code_no") %>">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="<% =RS("code_no") %>add" VALUE="<%=txt_buy_now%>" class="button" onclick="top.center.cart.addItem('<% =RS("item") %>','<% =RS("price") %>', document.itemsform.id<% =RS("code_no") %>quant.value, document.itemsform.id<% =RS("code_no") %>number.value, '<% =RS("shipping") %>')">

If I use an image as per the text below it adds the item fine but doesn't return the page search. Instead I get a blank page.

<INPUT TYPE="value" NAME="id<% =RS("code_no") %>quant" VALUE="1" SIZE=3 style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica; font-weight: regular; font-style: regular; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; height:18px">
    <INPUT NAME="id<% =RS("code_no") %>number" TYPE="Hidden" VALUE="<% =RS("code_no") %>"><br>
    <INPUT NAME="<% =RS("code_no") %>add2" TYPE="image" class="button" onclick="top.center.cart.addItem('<% =RS("item") %>','<% =RS("price") %>', document.itemsform.id<% =RS("code_no") %>quant.value, document.itemsform.id<% =RS("code_no") %>number.value, '<% =RS("shipping") %>')" VALUE="<%=txt_buy_now%>" src="/images/addtobasket.gif" width="113" height="30">

Anyone any idea where I am going wrong...

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey can you use the [ CODE ] forum feature to post your code? That way it will be formatted properly and I won't have to manually indent everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that clicking on the button is submitting the form, and I think what you really want it to do is just to process your onclick event. You are getting a blank page because after your onclick event is run, the form is submitted.

You can solve this problem in a couple of ways:
    1. Add return false; at the end of your onclick event
    2. Change the input type=image to a regular img tag with an onclick event.

Hope this help,
    Charles

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

You are without a shadow of a doubt a STAR!!

Sorry about the code bit, I didn't know about that so have tried it below along with the code that worked if anyone ever has the same problem...

Code:
     <INPUT NAME="id<% =RS("code_no") %>number" TYPE="Hidden" VALUE="<% =RS("code_no") %>"><br>
    <input type="image" src="../images/addtobasket.gif" name="id<% = rs("code_no")%>add" value="<%=txt_add%>" onClick="top.center.cart.addItem('<% = rs("item")%>','<% = rs("price")%>', document.itemsform.id<% = rs("code_no")%>quant.value, document.itemsform.id<% = rs("code_no")%>number.value, '<% =RS("shipping") %>'); return false;">
    Hows that??