I have recently bought a new computer and it came pre-installed with Windows XP. That would be fine except that I've been running Linux for the last 12 months and I got really used to the features of the text editor called Kate.
Now that I'm on XP, I can't find a decent free PHP Editor. I know I'm asking a lot considering I'm looking for something free but, due to my lack of a budget, I can't afford to pay for a decent one yet (if I could I'd get Zend Studio).
Anyway, does anyone know of a free PHP editor with the following features:
I know it's a lot to ask, but surely there is something available (even a port of Kate for Windows but I can't find one). I've tried Developer's Pad but it's slow and still has a few weird bugs. HTML-Kit has a really cluttered (IMHO) interface and I can't seem to find many other Editor's even worth downloading.
- Syntax colouring (must have);
- Automatic indenting (pressing tab moves the cursor either inline with the above code or one tab further if the above line is an opening bracket - must have);
- Code completion (not important);
- Code hints (i.e. typing mysql_connect displays a list of attributes for the function - not important);
- And an un-cluttered interface.
It's times like these that I wish I could code in C/C++
Anyway, any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Thanks in advance,